Sideshow/Legacy Life-size 'The Child' figure

HT also take a long time to bring to market after an announcement. I would say it’s well over a year away. I’ve had 1/6th scale items be delayed a year past release date, so maybe two years out.

Is it me or the replica look a bit too big versus the tv show? If I scale all the refs to match the TopRight screen version, you can see that the man is way smaller than the other men. I also feel like the prop is too tall. I prefer a short version.

I know it's from the same prop, but did they use the mold?

the_child-refsize.jpg

Is it me or the replica look a bit too big versus the tv show? I also feel like the prop is too tall. I prefer a short version. I know it's from the same prop, but did they use the mold?

The prototype they’re showing is a silicone casting from the exact same molds, clothed by Legacy with the same patterns and fabrics, and painted by the same painter. It should look exact to the prop because from top to bottom, base excluded, it is the same prop.

If anyone hasnt seen, here's the HotToys one, no idea on price. It actually looks better than i thought, but seems you have to swap parts to articulate a lot of it, including the ears. Definitly doesnt have the translucency of the Sideshow one. It's gotta cost more than the Sideshow one...

90657158_10157021626617344_2407671005855088640_o.jpg

90389763_10157021627027344_1685868500125483008_o.jpg

The Hot toys one looks much better IMO. I will still get the Sideshow one but one of these as well. Poseable as opposed to a statue. We can put it in our bags. Likely one of our members will offer the floating egg crib. More accessories.

Yeah,...gonna need me one of these as well.

So they posted it now, $410. Honestly cheaper than I expected...and close enough to make me cancel my statue order for this. Id rather have something i can handle and not worry about breaking.

So they posted it now, $410. Honestly cheaper than I expected...and close enough to make me cancel my statue order for this. Id rather have something i can handle and not worry about breaking.

Gonna have both. I've kind of gone "The Child" crazy. Still like calling him baby Yoda.

The seam on the hot toys one to change the ears for expressions ruins it for me. The seam at the wrist is covered by the cloak, bur the ears really detract from the look in my opinion. I'll stick with my statue pre-order.

I’m worried about what they’ll actually deliver. I would say that, generally speaking, HT has a little better reputation delivering a final product more akin to the prototype than SS...?

The SS prop looks terrific, but I’m afraid they can’t replicate that on a big scale.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back