Sideshow & Hot Toys Baby Yoda (The Child) mods and accessories!

Just for fun:

PSFix_20201204_203921.jpeg

PSFix_20201204_220412.jpeg

I like the way his expression reads differently depending on the camera angle. The angle changes the appearance of the mouth. A lower angle and he looks contemplative or slightly concerned. A higher angle and he appears to be smiling gently.

That's terrific! :love:

Comes with resin space macaroons, cookie sleeve, and magnet in the one with a bite taken from it. Excellent! (y)

Just curious, looking at the photos:

Does it also come with a few appropriately-colored crumbs for Grogu's gown? :lol:

I'm about halfway finished with casting the first batch of eggs. Casting eyelids in Dragonskin now! (Pics soon) I also added a "basic upgrade kit" to the shop for $7. That's just the wool hair, glue, armature wires and an alcohol prep pad for removing some of the pink off the cheeks and nose if you are so inclined. If you pre-ordered the upgrade kit before that had the eyelids included, it will come with all of these items already.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201210-184619_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20201210-184619_Samsung Internet.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 148
First eyelid pulls!
20201213_002453_edited.jpeg

I cast these in a light green dragonskin silicone and did the finishing paint with alcohol ink, but this is not ideal as it will rub off. I just used it for the prototypes. The production pieces will be painted with permanent silicone pigments.

Each eyelid is two parts. So you can actually do a few different expressions just by removing the top or bottom lid.

IMG_20201213_201636.jpg

Throwing some stormtroopers against the wall :D

20201213_185034_edited.jpeg

Ingenious in design, masterful in execution. This adds so much to the figure in terms of facial expressiveness.

Fantastic work, Soulinertia!

Question:

What does he look like "winking" -- one eye fully open, the other fully closed? It's one variation we haven't seen yet.

Just curious! ;)

First eyelid pulls!
View attachment 1378161

I cast these in a light green dragonskin silicone and did the finishing paint with alcohol ink, but this is not ideal as it will rub off. I just used it for the prototypes. The production pieces will be painted with permanent silicone pigments.

Each eyelid is two parts. So you can actually do a few different expressions just by removing the top or bottom lid.

View attachment 1378164

Throwing some stormtroopers against the wall :D

View attachment 1378165
I got the same look from my Dad when I was little. Great work!

Has anyone got a glass display case for this figure yet?
I was looking at glass domes, but the prices of domes that are large enough is over half the cost of the figure itself, so it looks like i might have to custom make a glass case for it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back