Sideshow Han Solo in Carbonite 1:1 unboxing

From my reading there was the one Hero in ESB and a second panel in RotJ.

Now here is something I just noticed, in the hall scene in ESB they swapped the Hero panel to the left side.
different panels.jpg

one thing i have learned over the years with sideshow is......
if you look at the prototype or publicity shots of the item you are interested then they will not be anything like what you actually receive.
i don't buy anything from them anymore as i can no longer take the disappointment when i open the box.

if that carbonite turned up at mine i would rebox and tell them to collect it. but that is just me.

one thing i have learned over the years with sideshow is......
if you look at the prototype or publicity shots of the item you are interested then they will not be anything like what you actually receive.
i don't buy anything from them anymore as i can no longer take the disappointment when i open the box.

if that carbonite turned up at mine i would rebox and tell them to collect it. but that is just me.

It's scary how you are inside my head as I've pretty much said the exact same thing. :thumbsup

Hi, I totally agree with you. Sideshow produce very nice sculpts and life-size prop replicas, but the problem with them is that the quality control sucks. Just like Starwarrior, I also purchase a Life-Size Han in Carbonite and the Life-Size Boba Fett. Just like him I found a lot of flaws on the finish of the Carbonite (panels, color, etc) and also on the Boba Fett. I heavily modified my Boba Fett bu replacing all the resin parts that were supposed to be made out of aluminum in the first place. Come on, this is a $8,000.00 prop replica, they are not going to loose profit by making these parts out of aluminum. I made the knee darts out of cnc aluminum, the same with the rocket on the gaunlet, and other parts, I will post pictures soon. I will re-paint my Han in Carbonite like I did years ago with my Illusive Concepts Han in Carbonite. The paint of the carbonite part is not bad, the problem is the frame, is way too darke, is dark gray almost black with gray splashes. I am looking for the Carbonite panels to replace the ones that came with the SS Carbonite. Do you guys know who here in the RPF sells the best panels cast directly from the original VOLVO panel? Regarding the lights inside both bases, there are screws on the bottom of both bases, I will replace the lights so both bases light up with the same color.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back