Sideshow Endoskull has Arrived!!!!!

Great!!! Clean or Weathered??

Yeah, might want to get the exact brand he used.
Maybe a clear coat after might be good idea for protection.

As always, test test test on something else or where it won't show.

Yup....good call. If it proves to be too much of a hassle, then I'll just leave it dirty.

Allosaur....I'd leave the plaque as is...no need to remove it. I'll have a better idea once I actually receive it. Got a pretty good deal too!

Well I just ordered my battle-damaged version too. I also was thinking of cleaning it. Anyone nailed the nail polish remover brand or know if it is diluted down for use?

Regards
TAZ

Woot!

FINALLY rec'd mine yesterday (props to Secret Compass!) and I must say this it is one badass piece...love it!

However, I'm not crazy about the "Battle Damage" weathering...I'm gonna take FJ's lead from the Statue Forum and strip it off with nailpolish remover.

Did a quick test...the paint came off very easily....

Nice and shiny underneath. No need to cut the nailpolish remover with anything to dilute it...use full strength. Gonna strip all the paint then clean it and seal with Nu Finish for that showroom-fresh Terminator shine!

Will post pix when I'm done!

looks good, definetely keep us updated!

Well, I'm probably about 25% done now. Wow, stripping the weathering off is a lotta work, but it looks sooooo much better clean!
I'm just using straight nail polish remover (not cut with water) a rag and good ol' elbow grease! Q-tips are handy for the MANY nooks and crannies in this thing. After rubbing down with the NP remover, I go over it with a wet rag to get rid of any excess...then dry it down with a clean rag. Once I strip it entirely, I'll buff it with a sealer wax of some sort.

I'll post some progress pix soon...

Secret Compass are trustworthy and awesome. That's where I got my MR stormtrooper helmet. Anyway, let's see some more pics!

Does anyone know what the pin is for that came with the bust?I missed out on the clean version,I am happy with the battle damage one.I really like hpow the eye's fade.

I received my Sideshow 1:1 Endoskull bust Combat last week. Guess it is the only one in Romania. I'll try getting a clean HCG version soon. Until then some pics of mine:

sideshowendoskeletoncomgj8.jpg

sideshowendoskeletoncomng9.jpg

sideshowendoskeletoncomct3.jpg

Last edited:
It is the old version indeed. And it looks quite fine, for a "Terminator Crazy" you should consider it. do you have the SS clean or combat (cleaned up)? The plaque on the SS is looking quite bad compared to the HCG one (SS has it only painted - I might consider making a custom Master Replicas plaque to add next to my SS bust). For the price I'm getting the HCG bust I wouldn't miss it...

The Endoskulls differences

I had them all including a full size Endo and also made a few once in a time so I know them all in every detail. From the Icons one to the last one made. :)

I got an email from Sideshow last Friday.. Apparently, they had a few of the clean versions of the endo in their warehouse and was offering them to people who had them on their wishlist.

Can hardly wait for delivery!

~Ron

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back