Sideshow Endoskull has Arrived!!!!!

TERM7.jpg

Came home tonight to this beauty!!!! This sucker feels like its constructed of all metal...

t9.jpg

t8.jpg

t7.jpg

kitchen night lite on
t6.jpg

kitchen night lite off
t5.jpg

t4.jpg

t3.jpg

t2.jpg

t1.jpg

The whole metal housing all the way to the cpu is all magnetic, the extra pin is topull out the chip if need be, but all you really have to do is to slowly pull the main cap off, and the rest magnetically follow

The eyes are amazingly bright and looks a helluva lot better than the TC version... There is a switch to turn on and off, again, unlike the TC version, and when you turn the eyes off, it stays on for a second, then slowly fades out, just like in the movies

You can see how much more slender this is to the TC, and feels like I could take a lead pipe and smash this guy 100 times with no effect

I am very pleased with this Sideshow product..... If your on the shelf about buying this, I highly recommend you do so... Now I just might pic up the clean version

Hi,
thanks for posting the photos.I was a mouse click away from ordering the Sideshow skull, but I'm very confused now...Sideshow says it's from Stan Winston's moulds but the HC one was supposed to be from the studio moulds too & they are so different??? I've had time to have a closer look at the SS skull.Check out the size & location of the chip port cover.It's huge! & it looks like the bottom teeth are longer than the top ones.The most obvious thing is the profile of the SS one is visibly slimmer.Please don't misunderstand me I would be happy to pay a thousand dollars for a skull...As long as it was correct.

Hi,
thanks for posting the photos.I was a mouse click away from ordering the Sideshow skull, but I'm very confused now...Sideshow says it's from Stan Winston's moulds but the HC one was supposed to be from the studio moulds too & they are so different??? I've had time to have a closer look at the SS skull.Check out the size & location of the chip port cover.It's huge! & it looks like the bottom teeth are longer than the top ones.The most obvious thing is the profile of the SS one is visibly slimmer.Please don't misunderstand me I would be happy to pay a thousand dollars for a skull...As long as it was correct.

I love mine and the slender look. As for the chip port cover question here is my guess. A chip chamber was never placed in an endo skull. The only time this is shown is in the deleted T2 scene of Sarah removing the chip. This is in the garage. The chip chamber was only used in this scene and in the Arnold FX head. My guess is that the removable cover had to be enlarged on the SW endo skull to fit a full size chip. The chip that comes with the endo skull is a perfect match to my damaged replica. When I first saw the original chip chamber being sold on Screen Used I started looking at replicating it in an endo skull model. The scale was the first thing that I ran into. The scale of the cover/chamber/chip as shown in the scene would not fit into an endo skull. The cover is much larger than the "cover" spot on the endo skull. This is because it was never designed to be the same. Even the cover in the SW endo does not match the one used in the deleted scene. It is attached with 2 bolts/screws. If anything I would say that the SW endo has a smaller cover and chamber. http://www.hopeofthefuture.net/cuttingfloor/t2del16.html

The scene of the needle nose pliers pulling out the CPU were filmed using large scale props. Sorry I cannot remember the size, I want to say x2 or higher, used for the close up. So I guess my 2 cents is that it looks wrong because it was never designed to be there in the first place but I still love it. Let me know what you think. I want to be sure that I am not dreaming this whole CPU scene info up.

Thanks!

Greg

Last edited:
Concerning the HCG/LF Version vs the sideshow version. Is it really that much slimmer? I think You cannot compare one to another on that pic as they do have differen angles. The Sideshow is pivoted forward, while the HCG is not (what gives the Sideshow IMHO a better look). If I look at my HCG Endo from the same angle it does look much slimmer

Domenik

Btw, the teeth on that HCG look much better than the teeth on mine? Did You do some modifications?

Hi,
Sideshow says it's from Stan Winston's moulds but the HC one was supposed to be from the studio moulds too & they are so different???

My understanding is that all the licensed endo-skulls (M1, Icons, HCG/LFS, Sideshow) are all from the original molds, but that the most recent offering enjoyed the benefits of Stan Winston Studios itself overseeing and approving the production process.

Also (as mentioned already) the angle of the head and the angle of the photographs lends toward the varying appearances.

My understanding is that all the licensed endo-skulls (M1, Icons, HCG/LFS, Sideshow) are all from the original molds, but that the most recent offering enjoyed the benefits of Stan Winston Studios itself overseeing and approving the production process.

Also (as mentioned already) the angle of the head and the angle of the photographs lends toward the varying appearances.

I agree that the camera angle would have something to do with it ,& it makes sense what Greg said about the size of the port cover being the way it is.As he says in the deleted T2 garage scene, the port cover is completely different from any endo skull.Sideshow Icons HCG/LFS etc...
T.

Heads up on this piece folks.

The batterys that come with the bust have slightly taller positive contacts the most other batterys.

There are some contact issues caused by the plastics of the battery case, seems mostly the front most battery. Aluminum foil or bending the contacts or some other method may be necessary when the provided batterys die and other more common brands are used.

In the shots above, he appears to be a bit cross-eyed. I don't suppose the eyes are adjustable at all? :) I was also thinking about the bottom teeth being so long. I believe what you are seeing are the roots. If terminators have gums, then the HC one would be wrong because the teeth would be covered with gum 'tissue'.

In the shots above, he appears to be a bit cross-eyed. I don't suppose the eyes are adjustable at all? :) I was also thinking about the bottom teeth being so long. I believe what you are seeing are the roots. If terminators have gums, then the HC one would be wrong because the teeth would be covered with gum 'tissue'.

I agree that thing is crossed eyed. Now it will be bugging me until I get home and check mine.

Thanks!

Greg

I measured both skulls with my trusty tape measure, from the center of the back of the skull, to just under the eyes, and the SS measures 22.5" and the HC comes in at 23.75"... So the HC is wider than the SS if my measurements are correct

Another thing to think about, the robot was made to look human. It looks like the HC skull is proportioned more like a human skull to me. On the other hand, the SS just has that terminator look about it. Man, I need to get out more.

Wow!!!!! Just ordered mine from e-bay after seeing these, they have some in stock at last!!! Can't wait to get it. Thanks for posting all ur pics.(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

I never saw the rainbow effect you were talking about till now. Gruson's pics really show it. I will have to take pics when I go home now. I will post them this evening.

Thanks!

Greg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back