Sideshow Endobust Chrome Problem

ENDO-HUNTER

Hey guys... I recently discovered an issue with my Sideshow CHROME version ENDOBUST. I wanted to see if this issue has happened to anyone else. The problem is some bubbling of the CHROME. This bust has been in a CASE since I received it and out of direct sunlight. I live in California so the temperature is mostly dry conditions. No humidity to speak of. I just dont understand what would cause this. Check out the video to see what I am describing. Thanks in advance for any feedback. Mike

P1020312 - YouTube

That is funky! Like maybe there's a bad spot on the polystone underneath that the chrome can't adhere to?

Looks like resin degassing bubbles. I had these on my Golden Idol years ago.

Do you know what the skull is cast in?

I would guess polystone but Im not completely sure. I was hoping that there was something I can do to it to stop it from possibly spreading.

Looks like resin degassing bubbles. I had these on my Golden Idol years ago.

Do you know what the skull is cast in?

Contact Sideshow's customer support. They have been very helpful in the past when I had problems with other pieces even when it because of my fault. Good luck!

Problem is this piece has been sold out FOREVER. I was hoping there was something I could do to it to minimize it and stop it from spreading.

Contact Sideshow's customer support. They have been very helpful in the past when I had problems with other pieces even when it because of my fault. Good luck!

Problem is this piece has been sold out FOREVER. I was hoping there was something I could do to it to minimize it and stop it from spreading.

Maybe you're not the only one who's had issues with this? If that's the case, maybe the company can help you out some how in repairing it (or something).

As for keeping it from spreading, wish I could give you a good answer there.

Either way, call Sideshow and see what they can do for you. Never hurts to ask. ;)

I had a similar issue on my 1:1 Endo - I simply took an exacto - cut a tiny slit in it - worked the gas out. Worked perfect. Good luck.

I would call Sideshow before doing anything to the statue. I doubt Sideshow will offer to repair it, and if it's been sold out for awhile, they probably don't have any stock to replace it. But just on the off chance they can do something for you, you don't want to risk damaging the statue yourself in a repair attempt. They may not be willing to work with you at all in that case. Of course, if they come back and say you're SOL, then I would try to do what the other poster said and puncture the bubbling chrome. Maybe squeeze a bit of super glue underneath the chrome to get it to adhere to the material underneath again.

A couple pics - I did this back in '05 - '06 - never had a problem since.

11526-endo-flaws-chest-chrome-bubbling-002.jpg

11524-endo-flaws-chest-chrome-bubbling-part-2-002.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back