Sideshow 1/4 Vader. New Pic.

Super Serg

122205_dvnocape.jpg

*ss*

Originally posted by CTF@Dec 24 2005, 04:26 PM
No widows peak?  :unsure
[snapback]1143179[/snapback]​

That's but one thing wrong with it IMO...I dunno the helmet just doesn't look right to me.....mouth vent looks to big....just off.

The Medicom looks much better to me....if it were only a bit bigger....

Eeverything is wrong it looks nothing like the anh mask and helmet.It looks like something hasbro made.Its a real shame they still havent gotton it right do they even research the props before they work on the toys ?

Well, I'm not a huge Starwars fan or Vader expert, but I share your frustration. I'm a hardcore Aliens junkie, and in 26 years since the first film, there have been only 6 or so sculpts that have been near accurate, with only 4 being 100%. I agree with you...sometimes you wonder if they did any research at all, or why they always feel the need to add thier own artistic take on something that is supposed to be a definative replica? Even I can see that this Vader looks "off", and I'm don't even collect Starwars. :unsure

Brian

I've had one of these pre-ordered for months now, but the more pics I see the more I'm thinking of cancelling my order. I agree that the helmet/face just looks "off" and for $350 it should bloody well be PERFECT. I think SS just lost my business on this one. :(

Most SW fans who don't live/die Vader think it's awesome, & although I wasn't
happy with the original showing, this 1 really looks nice (& in person... it's really
breathtaking.)

All I keep hearing is "something's off"... but besides the widows peek, noones
mentioning or showing specifics. Can any photoshop experts superimpose this
pic with an ANH Vader to show the differences?

Thanks,

*ss*

You would think that at 1/4 scale the detail would be spot on. I have the ArtFX ROTS Vader at 1/7 scale and the detail is alot better than that. I also have the 1/6 scale ESB Vader from Gentle Giant on its way and i'll bet its even better detailed than this. For $350.00 this thing better look like it just walked off the set.

Just my opinion. :)

Thanks for the pics phase pistol.....

Originally posted by phase pistol@Dec 24 2005, 09:02 PM
SSvadervsANH.jpg

[snapback]1143295[/snapback]​

The end of the helmet looks too broad, the face is too long and flat, piece in between both lenses is too thin, and the grill under the chin is recessed too much.

Originally posted by Scarecrow+Dec 24 2005, 06:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scarecrow @ Dec 24 2005, 06:18 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-phase pistol
@Dec 24 2005, 09:02 PM
SSvadervsANH.jpg

[snapback]1143295[/snapback]​

The end of the helmet looks too broad, the face is too long and flat, piece in between both lenses is too thin, and the grill under the chin is recessed too much.
[snapback]1143302[/snapback]​
[/b]

I'm not a big Vader expert, but now that I've seen the side-by-side, I think the piece between the eyes is what was buggin me the most. He looks cross-eyed. How in the world could they make a figure that big, call it ANH Vader and leave off the widow's peak? IMO SideShow is really overrated and overpriced. I'm not judging them just by seeing pics online either....

That marmit vader blows every vader figure out of the water.I hope one day someone will make it or one close to it they even got the right tusk painted the right color.SIDESHOW should look at that one for ideas.
Billy

Originally posted by phase pistol@Dec 24 2005, 07:05 PM
Right now the "accuracy prize" goes to the unproduced Marmit Vader. Man that thing would have been sweet. :cry

marmit-vader3.jpg

[snapback]1143298[/snapback]​

I agree 100%. The Marmit would've been the definitive ANH Vader. I don't know why Sideshow doesn't just copy the Marmit fig. :unsure

Well maybe if we get REAL UPSET with the quarter scale statue, when they get to Vader in the sixth-scale line, they'll seek out those Marmit guys for help. :D

In my fanciful fantasy world where everything turns out right in the end. :p

- k

Originally posted by phase pistol@Dec 24 2005, 08:40 PM
Well maybe if we get REAL UPSET with the quarter scale statue, when they get to Vader in the sixth-scale line, they'll seek out those Marmit guys for help. :D

[snapback]1143352[/snapback]​

I was thinking the exact same thing. When SS does a 12" Vader they basically just need to copy the Marmit figure without changing a single thing. That would be PERFECT. :thumbsup

Originally posted by Brent M@Dec 24 2005, 06:21 PM
I've had one of these pre-ordered for months now, but the more pics I see the more I'm thinking of cancelling my order. I agree that the helmet/face just looks "off" and for $350 it should bloody well be PERFECT. I think SS just lost my business on this one.  :(
[snapback]1143215[/snapback]​
I canceled mine, it's just too far off from right for the price. I was looking forward to it but the more photos that came along the less I liked it, it's really ashame that it's not what it could have been and should have been. :(

Jim

Originally posted by darth billy@Dec 25 2005, 09:57 AM
Eeverything is wrong it looks nothing like the anh mask and helmet.It looks like something hasbro made.Its a real shame they still havent gotton it right do they even research the props before they work on the toys ?
[snapback]1143205[/snapback]​

Did they try to contact Gino... :p

Maybe someone here who knows some higher-ups in SideShow could send them a link to this thread...

Its still not too late...they can delay the release date a bit more and correct the mistake. Heck its been delayed so much what's a month or two more? Its better then getting tons of cancelled orders before it starts shipping, or get people returning their Vaders once they get it...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back