Showoff: Jayne's Pistol resin kit

superjedi

Sr Member
Hi all!
A couple of days ago I finished my Jmtwo resin Jayne pistol. It was a really nice kit! Prep was pretty standard; filled the odd pinhole here and there, sanded a couple of pour stubs, and washed the parts.

I used the pics from the Official Companion Vol. 2 for reference. It looked like the main body of the LeMat was a dark blued steel, with some silver edge wear. I used Duplicolor auto paints to try to get that finish. I used Gloss "Universal Black" #DS100, and "Twilight Blue" #DSFM294. First I painted a base coat of black, then went back and misted the dark metallic blue over that. I checked it in sunlight, and anywhere that appeared a little too blue, I misted over it again with the gloss black.
I like Duplicolor paints. They dry to a very hard, durable finish.
I then dry brushed some Floquil Bright Silver onto most of the edges to simulate the worn finish.

Here are a couple of overall shots of the pistol, the first without flash, the second with flash.

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

For the bare metal add-on components, I sprayed on some Testors Metalizer in Magnesium #1453. Once it was dry, I buffed it as much as I could.

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

The grips were masked and brush painted with a Tamiya beige color. I then misted some Design Master "Walnut Wood Tone" over that. The grips were then sealed with Tamiya Clear.

IMG_1179.jpg

IMG_1173.jpg

To simulate the case-hardening on the trigger and hammer, I kind of marbled them with a mixture of silver, copper, and a medium blue. I just kept going back with each color until it was unevenly blended.

IMG_1180.jpg

So that's pretty much it! I still have to find a small sphere to add to the end of the ramrod, and some kind of ring for the butt.
I was surprised how big this old revolver is! It's almost the same size as my resin Mal pistol, and will look really cool on display next to it. :)
Thanks for looking!

That looks great!:eek
I use the Duplicolor paint whenever I can. They seem to give the finish I'm looking for. Great for guns or weapons.

Looks good!!

Kenny:)

wow thats amazing!
looks totally metal and HEAVY just like a real gun!
im really impressed!

who is this that makes this kit? how can i contact him?

Thanks, guys. :) That Duplicolor black/blue gave a really nice, subtle finish.

wow thats amazing!
looks totally metal and HEAVY just like a real gun!
im really impressed!

who is this that makes this kit? how can i contact him?

The kit is from Jmtwo. He's a member here. :thumbsup It came with a resin plaque, too, but I haven't decided how I want to finish it yet.

I'm not really a fan of the LeMatt in any format, but that is just a damn nice piece of work!

I love DupliColor paints as well so I'll have to pick up that blue--was just at Wal-Marts and noticed they've stopped carrying the spray cans of DC. At least the 2 auto parts store nearby have it!

Love the grips too :thumbsup

That's gorgeous. And very inspiring. I've been wanting a "Boo" for a while but I've been hesitant to get a resin kit because my painting skills aren't all that. But yours looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing those pics, the walkthrough and the materials list.

awesome job. i haven't done anything with my plaque yet either. i've been thinking that i'd paint it black and dry brush silver on it.

Hi lostnobility. Thanks, and it's strange to see this thread back on p. 1. :)
I just looked through the member list and didn't see JM on there. Weird. Not sure why he's not on the board any more.

Real nice... too bad Jmtwo isn't here to see your work. If he still had them I'd be interested in one and I'm sure others would also now that we see how great it can look!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back