Show your Dr. Who props!

That damn Magpie badge was a really quick, rough vinyl on foamex job that I did on the Friday night before the first day of shooting with it on the Monday. It was always supposed to be a temporary thing. I worked up a much nicer 3D faux enamel badge that Amalgam laser cut and then cast in aluminum resin for whenever the amp would appear again, and it looks like the prop guys never stuck it on. What episode is that cap from?

Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 11.41.54.png

That damn Magpie badge was a really quick, rough vinyl on foamex job that I did on the Friday night before the first day of shooting with it on the Monday. It was always supposed to be a temporary thing. I worked up a much nicer 3D faux enamel badge that Amalgam laser cut and then cast in aluminum resin for whenever the amp would appear again, and it looks like the prop guys never stuck it on. What episode is that cap from?

View attachment 718463

That screencap is from series 9 episode 4, Before the Flood.

Love the squirrel!! Did you make it out of an existing toy or is it scratch built?

He's a mix of the two. :)

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 718463

I don't suppose you have one available? Would love to stick it on my amp I'm working on. Currently just have one I printed onto a pvc card.

No problem, I'm not a regular visitor. I saw a plain Penlight and thought of your project.

Thanks for the reply and photo, much appreciated . I'm really liking this. A great build.

No problem, I'm not a regular visitor. I saw a plain Penlight and thought of your project.

Thanks for the reply and photo, much appreciated . I'm really liking this. A great build.

The new handle can be purchased by searching for 13DoctorWho on Shapeways. Honestly, I'm very happy it with it all as it looks like exactly whatI am seeing on screen of the real prop, what little screen time it had.

The new handle can be purchased by searching for 13DoctorWho on Shapeways. Honestly, I'm very happy it with it all as it looks like exactly whatI am seeing on screen of the real prop, what little screen time it had.
What type of penlight did/do you use? I've got some geekin' to do!!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

It is indeed an edit of that photo. Can't quite remember what I did - think the background was generated clouds in PS which were then guassian blurred, with a sepia tint added afterwards.

It appears to be an edit of this photo, but I can't find it in great quality. I either find the cropped version with good colour, or the full photo with clamped out colour. But it's a start.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/15/3f/e5/153fe53b8e7bd1b02bea7992d3fb05f1.jpg
http://images.amcnetworks.com/bbcamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/susanforeman.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back