Show off your CLASSIC spiderman costume

Hey All been awhile sience i posted i need to get started on my new suit haha but i just dropped in to say Lunaman that suit is awesome man ! the detail & ultimate look, just pops out ! very impressed with that :thumbsup & spidertwan you got any pics of that suit? it looks pretty cool but it is also hard to see in that video
Thanks very much, Spideyguy. :)

quick question, I may just get my suit sewn tomorrow, so I have a question. Which works better, a dance belt or a cup? And also, apart from muscle shading, has anyone thought of adding muscle onto some kind of suit under it (kinda like in the Raimi films)?

quick question, I may just get my suit sewn tomorrow, so I have a question. Which works better, a dance belt or a cup? And also, apart from muscle shading, has anyone thought of adding muscle onto some kind of suit under it (kinda like in the Raimi films)?
A dance belt will look better than a cup, a cup will draw attention to the "area." I know Pandatrooper did a bit of subtle foam musculature under his suit and it looked pretty good. One of those FlexDesign "Lean" suits worn underneath a print would look similar to the Raimi films.

A dance belt will look better than a cup, a cup will draw attention to the "area." I know Pandatrooper did a bit of subtle foam musculature under his suit and it looked pretty good. One of those FlexDesign "Lean" suits worn underneath a print would look similar to the Raimi films.

Okay, then I will get a dancebelt. Do you know where I can get one online or does that even matter?
As for the muscle suit, some areas of a persons body will show through the suit naturally, so i think I may do a test with some foam like Pandatrooper did and see how that comes out.
Thank you! :)
Edit: after reading about dancebelts, I think I can probably make one instead of buying one. I have a bunch of athletic underwear and some thin thermal tights, so I might be able to take the athletic underwear, put a foam piece over it, and then put the thermal tights over it, it should look really well...

Last edited:
hey Rinzlertron, what is a dance belt and what would be thee purpose? wouldn't underarmour underwear be just fine?

That's what I think I will be using actually is just plain under armor underwear with maybe a bit of padding and then thermal tights over it.
A dance belt is to smooth out your "area" so that you don't show it in the suit. But, I don't really want to buy one, so I think I'm just going to go with what I've got and fix it.

Well, just went to the seamstress today, and she would not sew my suit. Don't ask me why, it was probably the weirdest situation I've ever been in....She wasn't a very nice person either, so it was really just a waste of time.
But, since I don't feel like spending the money anyway, I'm just going to sew it myself. My grandmother was a seamstress and she has a sewing machine, so I'm going to probably pay her a visit tomorrow, see what all she has and If I can use the stuff. I have a bunch of tutorials and pictures printed out, so if anyone can do it, I'm thinking I can. I've seen it done before by people years younger than I am, and they've never even touched a sewing machine, so I'm definitely going to do a test on my extra mask and then go from there.....
Wish me luck gents :thumbsup

quick question to ask all of yall:
My suit is being sewn up.... quickly... and it looks incredible (if I may say so myself). Problem? while putting it on, it pops a seam every once in a while.... should I put a bigger zig zag stitch over the suit to make sure that it stays?

Not entirely sure if this is an appropriate place to post these (I'm new here), but here's a Spidey costume I'm working on.
DSCN2319.JPGDSCN2321.JPG
Being my "Own thing" I've decided to call it "The Ambiguous Spider-Man".

OUTSTANDING GERRY!!! Are those TJacks frames? You certainly look the part man, you should be posting in Fetts fitness thread!

yeah wallcrawler they are tjacks asm2 frames

I posted in the fitness thread as lunaman said some of those guys in there are doing really well.

still doens'nt come close to lunamans ultimate spiderman though :) that is awesome

I have just ordered a comic book spidey file and is currently being printed by fabric on demand so hopefully another spiderman build coming very soon lol

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back