Show off: My new Star Wars office/man cave/prop display - Picture heavy

There is a perfectly reasonable explanation for every single one of them.
Up on the shelf you have an ESB helmet, followed by ANH hero and stunt lid rounded off by a Sandtrooper. See, all different versions. The one on the manny is my trooping lid. The green one is made like the originals and intentionally left unpainted to show off what they looked like "naked", while the one beneath that is my attempt at replicating the infamous "Set for Stun" helmet. And then there is the ROTJ variant in the Vader cabinet. All different. Nothing excessive about it... Move along... Move along ;)

I hear ya. My wife asked why I have three Vader helmets. I answered with an explanation for each one and then mentioned I actually need 3 to 4 more.

ANH
ESB
ROTJ

Those are a given.

R.M. Concept EFX
ROTJ Reveal
ROTJ Reveal with Anakin Head-With eyebrows!!!!!!!
2nd R.M. Concept-EFX style for 1/1 Prequel Vader the way it should have been. May just use the one I have.

6 to 7 Vader helmets. What on earth is excessive about that?

Again, awesome collection and great display.

Did you build or buy the C3PO?

I bought parts from several fanmade sources and then put it all together. The finish is not final yet, but I hated having him in all sorts of primer shades, so I went ahead and spraypainted him gold. Not perfect, but much better than having an unfinished lifesize display ;)

I hear ya. My wife asked why I have three Vader helmets. I answered with an explanation for each one and then mentioned I actually need 3 to 4 more.

ANH
ESB
ROTJ

Those are a given.

R.M. Concept EFX
ROTJ Reveal
ROTJ Reveal with Anakin Head-With eyebrows!!!!!!!
2nd R.M. Concept-EFX style for 1/1 Prequel Vader the way it should have been. May just use the one I have.

6 to 7 Vader helmets. What on earth is excessive about that?

Again, awesome collection and great display.

Yep, ANH Vader is in the making here - although that's still a while away (I don't even have the room for another lifesize display right now). And I wouldn't mind having an ESB helmet and a proper ROTJ (reveal) one either, the Sideshow one is nice, but from a prop accuracy standpoint... meh ;)

Yep, ANH Vader is in the making here - although that's still a while away (I don't even have the room for another lifesize display right now). And I wouldn't mind having an ESB helmet and a proper ROTJ (reveal) one either, the Sideshow one is nice, but from a prop accuracy standpoint... meh ;)

(y)thumbsup to that, although we reveal enthusiasts will probably die as deranged, bitter old men for the want of all original parts on this diabolical beast! :D I don't own the Sideshow version but I have to give it to them for at least making one that is pretty good, all things considered, as opposed to the Illusive Originals version from way back when. I owned one of those and it was really lacking...:unsure

There is a perfectly reasonable explanation for every single one of them.
Up on the shelf you have an ESB helmet, followed by ANH hero and stunt lid rounded off by a Sandtrooper. See, all different versions. The one on the manny is my trooping lid. The green one is made like the originals and intentionally left unpainted to show off what they looked like "naked", while the one beneath that is my attempt at replicating the infamous "Set for Stun" helmet. And then there is the ROTJ variant in the Vader cabinet. All different. Nothing excessive about it... Move along... Move along ;)

I think i've to visit this amazing collection of TK-Helmets! :D

Grüße

Toxx

The museum is open to visitors upon request against a small entry fee ;) a cake or some cookies will do :)

Last edited:
Wonderful collection, that goes without saying. :thumbsup

I'd also like to thank you giving me the idea of putting risers under my detolfs. I can't use the same method as you due to my room layout, but getting them up a few inches and a more substantial base would improve their looks a great deal.

Wonderful collection, that goes without saying. :thumbsup

I'd also like to thank you giving me the idea of putting risers under my detolfs. I can't use the same method as you due to my room layout, but getting them up a few inches and a more substantial base would improve their looks a great deal.

You're welcome! I went with the risers cause I felt the lowest shelf was always overlooked when the detolf is right on the ground. It still is the least prominent spot, but not as bad as without the risers.

And thanks for the praise - to all of you guys :)

that's an ANH chest box casting taken straight from the original, which I picked up in the Junkyard here. still not sure whether I should paint it one day or leave it as is

I bought parts from several fanmade sources and then put it all together. The finish is not final yet, but I hated having him in all sorts of primer shades, so I went ahead and spraypainted him gold. Not perfect, but much better than having an unfinished lifesize display ;)
Looks great, IMO. Do you know if those sources are still making/selling similar pieces?

Also, are those glass cabinets the ones from IKEA? Did you get the base from there, too?

548960_2997712037511_1689085830_n.jpg

What's the little gold ball in the box? Beside the Tantaun.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back