Show off: My new Star Wars office/man cave/prop display - Picture heavy

Ah,thanks for the info.I like this glasscases..and they are very cheap.But your right its a shame that they are without lights,now.But I will build me in some lights.
Hm..are the glass shelves strong enough for really heavy props?

I _think_ that it could work weight wise, but I'm not too sure you could actually fit a Predator head in there... I think they might be too big.

Maximum weight you can put onto a Detolf glass shelf is 6 kgs. You could always use another shelf on top, or just go to your local glazier for thicker shelves.

I'm planning a move right now and THIS kind of room is on my list as a NECESSITY.

I look forward to lounging around in a set up like such.

Wow, I like a lot how you have displayed all your props.
It's a real museum and I can understand how It can be complex to find some parts.

Very good job for everything !

Maximum weight you can put onto a Detolf glass shelf is 6 kgs. You could always use another shelf on top, or just go to your local glazier for thicker shelves.

Ah,thanks...I asked that because I had a glass desk for my computer years ago.Everything was fine for months...but one day the desk was breaking in the middle and all the stuff was on the floor.Thanks god,that the computer was not really expensive..so my trust in glass is low!:eek;)

It would be a disaster when a glass shelve on the top would break...and a heavy prop would falling down on the others under it.Hundreds of $ burned in one second.:cry

...so my trust in glass is low!:eek;)

Then I suggest you don´t travel e.g. to the Toronto Space Needle
:lol

It would be a disaster when a glass shelve on the top would break...and a heavy prop would falling down on the others under it.Hundreds of $ burned in one second.:cry

Ah, if it´s just a couple a hundreds ... :p ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Another new arrival! Had this come in yesterday, so I spent pretty much all day finishing the kit.
Some more McQuarrie goodness:

tLRPCA0.jpg

zqX5pP9.jpg

4s5hu7L.jpg

It's Skygunbro's V2 - he's been banned here though, not sure if I am allowed to say this? ;)
Got a McQuarrie Vader lid preordered already :D

It's Skygunbro's V2 - he's been banned here though, not sure if I am allowed to say this? ;)
Got a McQuarrie Vader lid preordered already :D

Ah, then you can count yourself lucky to have that helmet even more so!
What McQ DV are you getting? Not the cover artwork one, I hope?
Our member Kookoo made the best concept 3po IIRC.

again... SGB's Vader that he's just finishing now. I know he had some real problems with deals before, but my transaction with him was super smooth with great communication. And it's the best lifesize McQuarrie helmet sculpt so far.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back