Show off: My new Star Wars office/man cave/prop display - Picture heavy

Exceptional display R2Dan.

The first picture of C-3P0 had me laughing. I thought he was wearing 'whitey tighies'. But everything looks brilliant.

Ted.

Well, 3PO is the biggest "work in progress" project on the pics, lots of work still ahead of me... Thanks for the praise anyway :)

Here's another piece, my heavily modified MR E-11. It won't fit in a Detolf, and I didn't want to put it on the shelf , so it's next to my monitor now.

e11.jpg

Just came back from vacation, browsed the board and what do I find...your show-off thread which I waited for so long ;):thumbsup

It´s looking great Dan, very clean and classy, love the combination of racks and detolfs!
I´m still thinking about adding lights to my glass cabinets...have everything ready to start the build, maybe next week ;)

Markus

Sure! It's a "best of" fanmade stuff really. Zorg head, TK 409 torso and legs, arms by Brian Mix ( master was done by micdavis), shorts by MonCal. Multiple sources for the brass parts.

My plan is to get it as close to ANH as possible, which means it'll take a good amount of modding before I can get him chromed. But I'm sure it'll be worth the effort :)

My parts so far Zorg head w/moncal eyes, TK 409 chest/torso. I have a way to go. I'm after ANH as well. Can you PM me details and contact info on the arms? Also, what about the hands and feet?

Doug

I'm afraid I can't help you on the arms, last thing I've heard the moulds are bust... but you could pm mic and see what he says. The hands came with the arms and both are display only.

I'm sorry, but yep, you missed out. It's a beautiful piece and one of the few licenssed pieces where there is no fanmade version that's ten times better. At least not that I know of...

I'm sorry, but yep, you missed out. It's a beautiful piece and one of the few licenssed pieces where there is no fanmade version that's ten times better. At least not that I know of...

Plus, unlike most other Sideshow stuff, the price was not to bad.:facepalmstupid me:facepalmstupid me.

Saw one for $500 on Ebay a while back but got snagged. Only other one has been at $1,400 forever., It ain't that cool.

You got it all! Quality stuff all expertly displayed. As you well know, sometimes the time it takes to display stuff nicely takes longer than making the prop :rolleyes

Thanks for sharing. It inspires me to get more organization in my display.

I got this poster today... it's a bootleg, and not the best quality print ever, but I think it rounds off the Vader display quite nicely. What do you think?

vaderposter.jpg

Dan how did I miss this thread. Your stuff looks so expertly displayed. Everything gels so well together. Very classy buddy. I love it:love

Ben

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back