Show off - Matsuo BSG Miniseries Blaster

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Talisen

Sr Member
Just finished watching the 1st season of BSG and strangely, I got the urge to pull this out of my project pile to look at. Of course, then I grabbed my knife and sandpaper and went to work.

For the main outer shell, the only mod I did was bore out the 2 barrels. Primed, then painted with BBQ paint, rubbed with steelwool, then a coat of glossy clear which again was rubbed with the steelwool. Finally I applied silver rub n' buff to the raised edges.

The inner pistol was painted gloss black with a bit of Rub n buff. The trigger was painted aluminum.

The grips were painted a custom mixed brown, then a black wash. And I hand painted the gold emblems, all sealed with a satin clearcoat.

So I present my Matsuo V1 BSG Mini Series Blaster:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Talisen

Sr Member
Thanks guys, I'm not an expert on this blaster, the casting of the pistol included was a 357 python that was cut down.

Yeah, PKD, have a couple that I still need to start.

Prop Runner

Sr Member
That's one of the most realistic pain jobs I've ever seen. :thumbsup

I wish such realism would have gone into my aging C&S...

- Gabe

Matsuo

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Sweet. Bit of history there man, that was the very first Iteration of that run.

Superb finishing/weathering.

Originally posted by tain669@Jan 21 2006, 04:50 PM
Really nice work.What was the base for the hero based weapon?Thanks :angel
[snapback]1164756[/snapback]​
I'm not really sure what the show used, the consensus was that they may have used a small frame smith or the like.
I used a Colt python because that's what I had on hand at the time.

M

Mr_Creepy

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Sa-weet. Have to agree, that's a helluva paint job--looks well used, but not abused :thumbsup

JediLip

I think you did a fantastic job painting that one up.

I also have to give my thumbs-up to the work of Matsuo. :thumbsup

He did a full build up on my BSG blaster. It's cool to see the transition from his earlier models to his newer builds.

phase pistol

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I love the "series version" model that Matt built and painted for me... on top of a real airsoft. Clicky-clicky. :)

Reaper57

i love mine.

Matt did a fine job on these. :thumbsup

john :cool

i did mine. :)

its built on a 357 python metal blank pistol. with metal barrel..:p

two screws must be removed to access the cylinder for reloading.

tommin

Sr Member
A nicely done buildup Talisen. Your finish is extremely convincing. This is one of the best blaster designs that I've seen in a long time and had to get one of Matts kits too. :)

...soooo... since everyone else is doing it, here is a few pics of mine after finishing. ;)

^ Click image for larger view

Cheers to, Matt. He did a great job with this kit.

SurferGeek

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Not to be left out... Here's another great MATSUCORP production and buildup/painting:

I also have the mid-season grips for this blaster.

OT: Here's another buildup that he did for me. DAMN Matt does some fine work. :thumbsup