Show off - Matsuo BSG Miniseries Blaster

Talisen

Sr Member
Just finished watching the 1st season of BSG and strangely, I got the urge to pull this out of my project pile to look at. Of course, then I grabbed my knife and sandpaper and went to work.

For the main outer shell, the only mod I did was bore out the 2 barrels. Primed, then painted with BBQ paint, rubbed with steelwool, then a coat of glossy clear which again was rubbed with the steelwool. Finally I applied silver rub n' buff to the raised edges.

The inner pistol was painted gloss black with a bit of Rub n buff. The trigger was painted aluminum.

The grips were painted a custom mixed brown, then a black wash. And I hand painted the gold emblems, all sealed with a satin clearcoat.

So I present my Matsuo V1 BSG Mini Series Blaster:

BSG-RDM-profile-sm.jpg

BSG-RDM-Strbrd-sm.jpg

Thanks guys, I'm not an expert on this blaster, the casting of the pistol included was a 357 python that was cut down.

Yeah, PKD, have a couple that I still need to start.

Sweet. Bit of history there man, that was the very first Iteration of that run.

Superb finishing/weathering.

Originally posted by tain669@Jan 21 2006, 04:50 PM
Really nice work.What was the base for the hero based weapon?Thanks :angel
[snapback]1164756[/snapback]​

I'm not really sure what the show used, the consensus was that they may have used a small frame smith or the like.
I used a Colt python because that's what I had on hand at the time.

M

I think you did a fantastic job painting that one up.

I also have to give my thumbs-up to the work of Matsuo. :thumbsup

He did a full build up on my BSG blaster. It's cool to see the transition from his earlier models to his newer builds.

BSG.jpg

i love mine.

Matt did a fine job on these. :thumbsup

john :cool

i did mine. :)

its built on a 357 python metal blank pistol. with metal barrel..:p

two screws must be removed to access the cylinder for reloading.

A nicely done buildup Talisen. Your finish is extremely convincing. This is one of the best blaster designs that I've seen in a long time and had to get one of Matts kits too. :)

...soooo... since everyone else is doing it, here is a few pics of mine after finishing. ;)

^ Click image for larger view

Cheers to, Matt. He did a great job with this kit.

Not to be left out... Here's another great MATSUCORP production and buildup/painting:

BSG_01.jpg

BSG_02.jpg

BSG_03.jpg

BSG_04.jpg

I also have the mid-season grips for this blaster.

OT: Here's another buildup that he did for me. DAMN Matt does some fine work. :thumbsup

Spooner_03.jpg

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back