Shop happening's

Okay Friends, Thanks for the likes and cool comment Analyzer. A time much needed I have had some kind of just blaw blaw block and opened a model the Proteus sub and was looking at other models at the storage complex. Okay here is what I need I have the crew I need photo etch and lighting with board and switch. Mostly all the models in the closet behind benny is going to need all these materials which some of these was a bit pricey just ones not in the complex I did find some photo etch at the complex but nothing I could use. I will check the bay to see whats up on parts. Yes I never open a model its hard for me to. But this sub model is quite big very nice molding. So this will be the start I did say I had the crew and these are very nice castings jimmyflintstone stuff. I will study about the lighting as well. I did see both polarlights interprise ships the big 3 ft ones at the complex but after watching trekworks build I will wait on those but they did make me study the thought. I am kinda wiplashing me self back at it in the shop not much has happened next but now old me is back on the quest and ready for whats next. Thanks Guys Jim

Okay Friends, Thanks for the likes and comments A bit of a update, So found everything I need for the Proteus sub. all the lighting for all the models I have here will be from voodoo effects seems like a cool place. Photo etch from the bay for all. The price was decent looks like a model is bout to be on the bench. As I waiteth to get these bits, I have another project I might take on. I will be sculpting up a 1/6th scale LaserBlast alien just cant find the billiken model of this there might be one at the complex, I will look there on another day. Whats next looks like i need a armiture for sculpting so lets make one don't miss this adventure this will be quite big Thanks Guys mean it Jim

Okay Friends, Thanks a bunch Guys for the likes and cool comments, Here is whats been going on, I have been rearanging things all around in the shop clearing work benches and redoing some shelfs out there. So I do have all my armiture bits gathered, but all this redoing has distracted me but just to say it has got my mojoe kicking once again. Also been watching grandboys just a couple streets over is where me daughter lives. We help her every morning she has her hands full. Me jeep started making that noise once again with the water pump we traded it away I will share the new ride in the next post. Next will be some stuff getting started, just having the time here lately has been tough. Thanks all you Guys Thanks for following along on me crazy quest have some stuff for you Guys tomorrow Thanks Jim

Okay Friends, Thanks Guys for the likes and comments really needed, yes another morning as said above. So I will share the new ride so nice. I am thinking up this armiture I want a strong one like the men in black alien I have in the chamber the one that died in the head he has a super armiture. This alien is so turtle looking. it was cheesey but a cool movie for low budget Okay Guys here is some beginnings of some stuff happening bout time Enjoy
IMG_1308.JPG
IMG_1309.JPG
IMG_1310.JPG
Yes its like new old people had it very nice
IMG_1313.JPG
shelfs in place clearing up that back bench
IMG_1314.JPG
IMG_1315.JPG
IMG_1316.JPG
ready for surgery
IMG_1317.JPG
armiture bits
IMG_1318.JPG
IMG_1319.JPG
IMG_1320.JPG
nice size
IMG_1321.JPG
Okay Guys, looks like I awaitest lighting kit as well as photo etch but there are some stuff to be painted and assembled, but I do want to do mine as aztec dummy did in his build on the tube very clean and nice lots of over the top detail. After my morning dutys I will see what will happen next Thanks Guys for all Thanks Jim

Nice car!

looking forward to the sub build
Thanks Friend, old jeep was going quick had to make a move its very peppy The sub build will be a cool but demanding build Oh I use to have a 1985 Fiat x 1/9 bertone me and wifey just got married so it got sold wish I had another been looking Thanks Jim

Okay Friends, Thanks for the likes and cool comments keeps me going. So in the shop, looking at these pics of this alien got me stumped on making the armiture the rite size I am thinking 1/6th scale bout gijoe size. before I go cutting wire I have been thinking on how everything will flow. Also after the wire will be foil added for shape then the main sculpting of the epoxey clay. Once done sculpting I should have a laserblast alien, all ready for paint. So a bit of thinking I don't want a wire waste mess should have a nice armiture to show on me next post Thanks all Jim

Okay Friends, Yes another day of figuring this armiture out and then me started cutting and bending. So just to say Thanks all you Guys means a bunch. Now back to the topic on hand, this alien will be 14 inches tall not to bad they are a bit tall but the end of that movie when it was on top of the building the scale was way off these aliens are kind of turtle looking and cheesy but my only option can't find a kit anywhere and no luck at the complex, so me makest it. This will look a bunch more fuller when me puts some foil to it but we now have a start Here ya go Enjoy
IMG_1322.JPG
The napkin is to catch any drip none happened
IMG_1323.JPG
looks like its about to poop
IMG_1324.JPG
Okay Guys, I still got to makest the arms and foil it up wifey was throwing pennys a me door so had to becken to her call lots more now going to happen next on this crazy quest but it will be fun as always Thanks for following and Enjoy the build Thanks Jim

Okay Friends, Thanks for the likes and comments much needed. So as for the armiture its all ready for clay everything is set up for the sculpt. Here is what happened next Enjoy
IMG_1326.JPG
IMG_1327.JPG
this guy will have a open mouth this is why his head is stumpy once he has his lower jaw he will look better I hope
IMG_1328.JPG
IMG_1329.JPG
I am so glad I made these benches moveable this is me model detailing bench this bench the lighted drawing table and the airbrush cart is all moveable the big eseale is slideable Okay Guys looks like clay time soon a laserblast alien will emerge Thanks All lets see what it will look like next Thanks Jim

Okay Friends, Thanks once again Guys for following along on me crazy quest. Also for all your likes and cool comments always needed. So with this clay back when I was sculpting this full size Gizmo well I was having a reaction to this clay and couldn't figure out why now then I didn't use gloves now I used gloves mixing and adding clay, but I did catch meself smoothing out with no gloves had a slight reaction me going to have to be careful using this stuff I don't even want to say what it was like after sculpting Gizmo it was bad lesson learned. I still have one arm to cover the head will be next and the rest of its neck then the main sculpting begins. Here is the progress this far Enjoy
IMG_1330.JPG
IMG_1331.JPG
Okay Guys, I was busy out of town today spent the day with wifey. So back to the shop in the morning and might have somewhat of a laserblast alien happening next but using caution and gloves. I have a bunch of this stuff so lots more will be sculpted a big size probe droid parts for the large bsg I will be building Thought a sculpt would be fun as I waitest on bits for the sub build. Thanks Guys Jim

Okay Friends, Thanks Guys for following along, so me got a break and mixed up a batch more and got busy sculpting I still got lots more to do to this head but its so close just a bit more here and there and should have a nice head I also started one of its shoulders its going to have to be holding its laser gun. as said a bunch more tweeking and head should be good here is a bit of what happened next Enjoy
IMG_1331.JPG
IMG_1332.JPG
IMG_1333.JPG
IMG_1334.JPG
IMG_1335.JPG
Okay Guys head neck and shoulders is the project ahead then I will focus on the back and chest stay tuned more happening Thanks Jim

Okay Friends, Thanks Guys for the likes and comments much needed. So I did get a bit more sculpting done as well as some re going over tweeking still a ways to go before its ready for painting and a grandboy this afternoon plus had a hard time loging in so here is a bit more done Enjoy
IMG_1334.JPG
IMG_1335.JPG
IMG_1336.JPG
IMG_1337.JPG
IMG_1338.JPG
IMG_1339.JPG
Okay Guys, so now I will go back and clean up all the rough out I rough out a area then come back and clean it up the clay cures rock hard and is fully cured in a hour kind a hit and miss still a ways to go but I am getting close we shall see what happens next early in the frosty morning with coffee in hand. Yes if you use this stuff ware gloves it will cause skin break out with bad itching I done learned the hard way going back to the alien in the tube and then gizmo I thought me junk was going to rot off now I ware gloves and no problems to much info I know but do be cautious using this clay it is a very cool clay to use this is the tan verison two part back at it see what happens next Thanks Jim

Oops Okay Friends, Thanks Guys for the likes and comments Analyzer sorry hit something before I was done thinking by memeory the billiken model wasn't as big and not so detailed and this one has its mouth open. Thanks for the cool comment Friend always needed. So after my sculpting I realized one top side of the boot was a bit bigger than the other I will fix this in the morning I was going to be me hand was doing some crazy cramping one hand is started still have the rest of the glove up the arm a bit. here is what happened next Enjoy
IMG_1345.JPG
IMG_1346.JPG
IMG_1347.JPG
IMG_1348.JPG
IMG_1349.JPG
IMG_1350.JPG
IMG_1351.JPG
IMG_1352.JPG
IMG_1353.JPG
Okay Guys I thought I got a pick of the hand in progress, I will grab one in the morning. Still a ways to go before paint but getting there. So the hand that is started is on its raised arm which I will makest a ray gun as he was holding. This the reason for the rased arm once the sculpting is done I will go over the whole sculpt and clean things up be nice if I could cast it up into molds we shall see I can do that anytime even after painting. lets see what happens next Thanks Jim

Okay Friends, Thanks for the likes and comments, keeps me making. Thanks Analyzer it has came along now it is ready for paint with it being a tan now will help in the painting process. Been watching grandboys whilest Christmas shopping happened. this has been my hiccup but got the sculpt all done. So in one pic on the base I have this tag should I use this for it is the name of the movie here is what happened next Enjoy
IMG_1356.JPG
IMG_1357.JPG
IMG_1358.JPG
IMG_1359.JPG
IMG_1360.JPG
IMG_1361.JPG
IMG_1362.JPG
IMG_1363.JPG
The top pic is a ideal only you Guys think it would look cool the base might be black around the edges and have some debrie rocks stubble sand and the name in the corner not sure at this moment I just got it done I am always over thinking things I will give it a day or two to cure up real good then paint time also doing up the base lets see where this goes and happen next Thanks Jim

Okay Friends, this is not really finished, after carrying it into the collection room with no paint yet. I got to looking at it and then went back to the u type tube and I have to snipp off his fingers on the gun hand because this guy is holding the ray gun tightly, atm its not tight at all also just a minor adjustment on the bit of the top of the head also a bit of work on one of its sides one side a bit thicker so I will even it out. I also did get a good look at the ray gun the way I was going was wrong so a new look at this as well....... Very close but still a ways to go before painting this guy. Thanks Guys for the likes and comments much needed. Lets see what happens next Thanks Jim

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back