Ship Modeling

PHArchivist

Master Member
Does anyone here get into large scale (1:400 - 1:350) ship modeling?

I have the 1:350 Titanic, and recently bought the Revell 1:400 Queen Mary 2.

Boy, that QM2... REALLY nice kit, but BIG (3' - 4' long) and fairly complicated... May become a permanent resident of my "Unfinished Kits" collection....

Just got back from Charleston, and took a wild tour on the Yorktown II, then promtly bought a 520 kit(Lindberg,ugghh). I've built many of those Titanic kits and boy do i love 'em. Thinking about getting one in a few months.

I started on the Tamiya 1:350 Enterprise kit.... bought a bunch of extra aircraft, deck equipment, and itty bitty figures to go with it. I got swamped by other work though and it had to go into the "To Do" pile. I've also done some wood plank-on-frame ships as well. Last wood one I did was a Connie that the person I was building it for wanted turned around in 3 weeks. Heheheh... I laughed at him and said I would have it done when it was done. 12 weeks later he had it, and that was after I had to take shortcuts in the rigging. MAN that was some long nights to get the POS out of my shop, hehehe..

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back