Shepperton Design Studios Tie Fighter Pilot Helmet and Chest Combo

TK10259

Hello,

Im new to the RPF and was wondering if any of you guys own the SDS Tie Pilot Helmet and Chest Combo because I purchased it, and Im having it forwarded to the U.S. I will also be posting pics of it when I receive it for those of you who may be interested, Thanks.

Last edited:
Wouldn´t it be better to ask first, before ordering?

After ordering it´s completely useless. You can still use the search here, but ... maybe you don´t like what you will find, and it might take the fun away if you read now something you might not like.

Well you will find that AA is a liar and delusional Man ,I suggest you educate yourself further.

As far as posting pics, if I am not mistaken that will not happen, as that may be considered shilling.

You do realise that a current license holder , ANOVOS, whos Founders are members here, is actively selling what AA is forbidden to do in the US

Last edited:
I'm not trying to defend AA, but several people in the RPF Junkyard sell items that Anovos sells. It doesn't seem fair to single out only one person for that.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

AA is forbidden to ship to the States big difference there.

You are new to the Board, a LOT of history about AA that happened here, as well as other factors involved here that by the nature of your post show you have no idea of

I'm not trying to defend AA, but several people in the RPF Junkyard sell items that Anovos sells. It doesn't seem fair to single out only one person for that.

Forgive me for being naive, but what's the deal with AA? I've seen some videos of him on YouTube and he seems like a cool guy to me, plus having been commissioned for the OT armor.

I don't know all of the history, but I have seen plenty of negative posts about him. As I said I wasn't defending him. I was responding to a specific point about him not being allowed to sell in the US because of the Anovos license while others are currently doing the same thing. The better reason to avoid him is all of the other negatives.

You really need do a search read up on the history and decide for yourself.

ANOVOS has NOTHING to do with him being FORBIDDEN to ship to the U.S. that was part of the judgement from the LFL lawsuit.

I was responding to a specific point about him not being allowed to sell in the US because of the Anovos license while others are currently doing the same thing.

AA is not allowed to ship to the U.S. because of the LFL lawsuit that is why Im having it fowarded. I would have went with Anovos if it wasnt for there ridicolously long wait times.

The Anovos wait time depends on the product. Many of the releases from the newer films have been shipped much faster than the long delayed OT items. Unfortunately that doesn't help with an OT TIE Pilot.

You really need do a search read up on the history and decide for yourself.

ANOVOS has NOTHING to do with him being FORBIDDEN to ship to the U.S. that was part of the judgement from the LFL lawsuit.
I am well aware of the LFL lawsuit. I certainly do not recommend buying products from AA. The only reason he can sell in the UK is because of the court ruling which seems like a bad ruling.

I have bought and received several products from Anovos. I am still waiting on others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Just saying, there are plenty of other people besides Anovos and SDS that sell TIE helmets and armor. You should probably check out the Jolly Roger Squadron forums.

Well, to answer the OP rather than tell him something he already knows again and again... :lol

The SDS TIE helmet/chest combo is a nice set, not completely screen accurate, I think the issues are some of the chest box details and the shape of the Mohawk on the helmet. I considered getting one myself actually, having seen the one owned by jkno here on the RPF. I believe Jez from the starwarshelmets.com website has a pretty nice review of the SDS TIE, with some comparisons. The face in particular has always looked nice to me, though again it's probably not perfect. No TIE is at this point, though. And sure, there are messy politics involved with AA, but he's far from the only case. Just one of the most well-known. In the end getting the set delivered to the USA seemed like it'd be enough of a hassle that I went with an RS Prop Masters commission instead. All in all, I think you'll be happy :) If not you shouldn't have much trouble selling it for enough to get your money back.

I have had the SDS Tie Pilot Helmet and chest box for a long time. I bought it before all the controversy began. I just received my Anovos Tie ensemble last week and I went through all the pieces briefly but have not yet had enough time to compare it in detail to the SDS set. I bought the Anovos ensemble because I really want to make a full Tie display and I needed their flight suit which looks to be quite accurate. As Anovos did not offer their customers to purchase the soft parts separately, I was forced to buy the whole ensemble. I hope in the future Anovos will allow their customers to buy ensemble pieces separately. And to be honest, as far as flight suits go there really are not a lot of choices out there. So i bought the whole ensemble mainly for the flight suit, belt and gloves. As far as the chest box, I want to compare it to my SDS and see which one is more accurate and then sell off the other one. Even though I just briefly looked at the Anovos helmet I could see that the SDS Tie helmet is more accurate, even though that helmet also has some minor inaccuracies in it's detail, it's over all shape and size are quite a bit more accurate than the Anovos. While the Anovos helmet seems to be built very well, it seems at first glance to be a bit undersized.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back