Shane Blacks The Predator

Well I can explain you why these predators are wearing cargo pants and military outfit and riding an APC.
SPOILERS below obviously.
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the script there are several predators.1 "upgraded" wich is the main vilain, it's 11 foot tall and has human eyes, his skin is like armour, his DNA is mixed with human DNA.In fact the predator homeworld is becoming colder and our planet hotter so the pred species is planning to replace us and live on earth, the spinal cords they used to rip in the earlier movies weren't for trophy purpose but to get the DNA of the best humans.So there is a cold war between the predators who are like the hybrid and the other side who want to proctect the humans , they're called "defectors" , the 3 other preds in the movie are defectors.The hybrid uses as henchmen two predator dogs hybrids and a spider predator hyrbid.Plus others wich aren't described with much details.
The two you've seen driving and riding the APC are living in a US military base since almost a year, they wear cargo pants and bulletproof camo vests.They're allowed to leave the base at night to hunt.In the script these preds are "scienstists".They use M-60 machine guns.During the day they live inside the base with the human soldiers.

As for the design and friendship, of course I think it's heretic, I'm not into giant predators too, and the faces look cheap.
Also i'm no expert like you - the fans who design their own suits -But I never liked how ADI always screwed up the size of the masks which never cover all the face, like Winston did.And sincerely you did better faces than these ones.

4Vvo8_s-200x150.gif

Where did you get that info on the script if I may ask?
Not to be rude or anything but I hope you are dead wrong on this .... otherwise that might put the nail in the coffin of the Predator franchise ....

If that is the real details of the script then this is going to be an abomination to the franchise. Masses of people might be entertained with this take but true Predator fans want nothing of this. He's bastardizing the franchise and I'm not interested in seeing it if this is the case. Not the movie I want to see.

You can see why Arnold turned down a cameo in this. I also suspect the push in release date from Feb to Aug is because the studio has little faith in this now. August is know as a dumping group for films then don't support or expect to do well.

Sad to read this...

I try not to think too badly about the next film however there are just shocking revelations here and there. What confuses me is Franco turning down a lead role only to be in Alien Covenant for a minute. Smh... I hope there are some changes to the script. I wish nothing was revealed not even the minimal spoilers or set pictures. Drawings would have been great.

I'm not sure how they could think this would be something the fans want.
For some reason it seems to be that they feel the strange need to constantly "reinvent" a franchise. And if this is correct, they are changing the whole Mythology of the Predator. To think the skulls and spines weren't trophies feels sort of like a spit in the face to the fans ... isn't that one of the main things we identify with the Predator? What about the trophy wall in p2? Or polishing the skulls ...

To be honest Tallon, I would love nothing more than a movie based on Prey, but others wouldn't like it for the same reason this movie is rumoured to be all about: Working with Humans.

And what of Hunter's Planet? Xenos on steroids, being controlled by humans. So what does a Predator clan that happens to be on Hunter's Planet do? Team up with Machiko and a group of marines who also happen to be at the same said planet. Ring a bell with this movie? ;)

That's why I haven't really said anything about these supposedly new info that's been leaked, cause I love the Machiko trilogy novels ;)

However, I do agree, the retcon on the spines, trophies...that's utter BS.

I like ur new profile pic, Isubomo

TBH I do kinda like the premise of a team-up movie, but it just doesn't really work for me.

If that is the real details of the script then this is going to be an abomination to the franchise. Masses of people might be entertained with this take but true Predator fans want nothing of this. He's bastardizing the franchise and I'm not interested in seeing it if this is the case. Not the movie I want to see.

You can see why Arnold turned down a cameo in this. I also suspect the push in release date from Feb to Aug is because the studio has little faith in this now. August is know as a dumping group for films then don't support or expect to do well.

Sad to read this...

********************* SPOILERS***********************************

At the very end, Dutch is coming with a chopper, he tells to the main character that
he could join his task force, and the kid asks "me too ?" and Dutch replies :
"Especially you!".

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back