Serenity?

I'd love to see some attempts. There's a discussion here that has a head start.

Of course, being CG, there is no "studio scale" but I guess we're already making the exception for new BSG ships in this forum, so what the hell.

If someone was willing to model it in CG, I would be willing to CNC parts. Maybe some else could detail, etc.

Just a thought.

I'm suprised no one over at starship modelers has tackled this one.

Originally posted by Jmtwo@Sep 24 2005, 04:09 PM
If someone was willing to model it in CG, I would be willing to CNC parts.  Maybe some else could detail, etc.

Just a thought.

[snapback]1083089[/snapback]​

To be honest the ship is over most of our heads at SM. It's a tough ship to figure out. What looks promising is that there was a macquete made for the movie that appears in the making-of book. You should check it out.

Originally posted by Jmtwo@Sep 24 2005, 03:09 PM
If someone was willing to model it in CG, I would be willing to CNC parts.  Maybe some else could detail, etc.

This chap...

http://www.seansgallery.com/

has (rumor has it) made a 3D image of Serenity - it might be wothwhile dropping him a line to see A) if it would be useable? B) If he'd mind.

Even as the BASE for a model -

Take a look...

serenity wallpaper

Originally posted by Jmtwo@Sep 24 2005, 11:09 AM

Just a thought.

Hmmm... where are you located and is this something you are willing to put the time and effort into completing if I do the CG model of it? I can definately model the ship... but I've never modeled anything that would ultimately be used to CNC parts so, I'm not sure if it's as simple as providing a 3D mesh and letting the CNC just go at it.

If you are really interested in trying to CNC the Serenity, contact me via e-mail: dijinn(a)hotmail.com

I've been 3D modeling for 5+ years now and the only thing that would limit me is getting references to accurately model the Serenity. I'm a HUGE fan of the show and would love to see an accurate kit being offered.

- J.

FYI- There is a studio scale Serenity. It was made for the film by Grant McCune Designs....

post-735-1127673708.jpg

From this thread: Serenity Fan Fest

Originally posted by Stormleader@Sep 30 2005, 04:06 AM
FYI- There is a studio scale Serenity.  It was made for the film by Grant McCune Designs....

post-735-1127673708.jpg

From this thread: Serenity Fan Fest
[snapback]1086955[/snapback]​
OK so the hunt begins... Does anyone know where that model is? We need some hi-res pics of that puppy. If its on the east coast I'll drive and take the pics ;)

Jedi Dade

The model was at Universal Studios in LA for the Serenity Fan Fest where that pic was taken. I wish the guy would post some larger images.

I'll bet the next issue of Cinefex has some good pics.

Originally posted by Stormleader@Oct 4 2005, 03:07 AM
The model was at Universal Studios in LA for the Serenity Fan Fest where that pic was taken.  I wish the guy would post some larger images.

I'll bet the next issue of Cinefex has some good pics.
[snapback]1089316[/snapback]​
Greg Jein is listed in the credits of the Movie as Model Maker so perhaps he has the model or one of the models they used to make the CGI.
I love this ship as well.
Mobius

It went the other way. They used the CGI to make the practical model. To what purpose they did so is anybody's guess. Look in the Serenity Movie Book and you will see the "grown" un-painted model in it.

Yeah, I noticed that in the credits when I saw the movie again yesterday. Well, if you've got a model to build, Greg Jein is da man...:)

I figured it was SLA, that would be a pain to build from scratch...

EDIT: POSSIBLE SPOILER

The model was built for the crash sequence.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back