Sentry Interface - Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by H4ze, Jan 2, 2012.

1. H4ze

H4ze New Member

Hi There!

I'm an Italian huge fan of Mass Effect Saga and I'd like to start making some props to wear when attending conventions or just to exhibit at home.

I thought a lot about where to begin and I chose something "alternative" which I believe has never had so much attention for what costuming is concerned: the Sentry Interface.

[​IMG]

I thought of making the entire prop of forex (pvc semi espanso) sheets or styrene sheets.

What's your opinion about it? How could I proceed?

Unfortunately I've got no knowledge of electronics, anyway I think that connecting some leds will not be troublesome. I have good crafting skills.

More reference images attached.

Thanks in advice!

2. Panzer

Panzer Well-Known Member

Got any reference shots of the back of it. I want to say Holly Conrad of Crabcat built a headset but I don't remember which one. Shouldn't be too hard to construct it but to keep it on your head I'm thinking it is going to need a band to go over the top of your head. I think styrene with a clear very thin plastic would be good for the visor itself. You're going to want to get an image made up of the visor interface printed on a decal. Hope this helps.

3. Yodajammies

Yodajammies Sr Member

1. Laser etch the design into a .125 - .25" strip of vivak plastic
    2. Heat form around a cylindrical buck
    3. ...
    4. Profit!

If you mount LEDs parallel to the sheet, the etched plastic should catch the light and create a really neat effect a la -
    [​IMG]

4. H4ze

H4ze New Member

Thanks for the help!

@Yodajammies: i don't know vivak plastic, I will get some info about it in the next days. How do you think the visor scheme lasered would cost?

@Panzer: The Sentry Interface is like a sunglasses frame without nose bridge. And this is a problem, because i don't know how to hold it over my eyes without a too-visible solution (the vertical band, for example).

More images - back view and some details:

[​IMG]

Sorry for my bad english!

5. purifier

purifier New Member

You should exploit the piece on the forehead to keep the whole thing up and firm...
    Also, if you need help with the electronics, just drop me a call!

Ps:don't worry, your English is improving lately ;-)

6. NormanF

NormanF Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Your English is good. Better than my Italian.
    You can use acrylic for the clear plastic.

7. H4ze

H4ze New Member

I thought about that, but the surface is too small and that piece seems slightly distant from the face.

Of course ;)

8. GCBrokawV2

GCBrokawV2 New Member

9. H4ze

H4ze New Member

Good job! I can't wait to see the final result ;)