Sentry Interface - Mass Effect 2

H4ze

Hi There!

I'm an Italian huge fan of Mass Effect Saga and I'd like to start making some props to wear when attending conventions or just to exhibit at home.

I thought a lot about where to begin and I chose something "alternative" which I believe has never had so much attention for what costuming is concerned: the Sentry Interface.

sentry_interface-04-o.jpg

I thought of making the entire prop of forex (pvc semi espanso) sheets or styrene sheets.

What's your opinion about it? How could I proceed?

Unfortunately I've got no knowledge of electronics, anyway I think that connecting some leds will not be troublesome. I have good crafting skills.

More reference images attached.

Thanks in advice!

Got any reference shots of the back of it. I want to say Holly Conrad of Crabcat built a headset but I don't remember which one. Shouldn't be too hard to construct it but to keep it on your head I'm thinking it is going to need a band to go over the top of your head. I think styrene with a clear very thin plastic would be good for the visor itself. You're going to want to get an image made up of the visor interface printed on a decal. Hope this helps.

1. Laser etch the design into a .125 - .25" strip of vivak plastic
2. Heat form around a cylindrical buck
3. ...
4. Profit!

If you mount LEDs parallel to the sheet, the etched plastic should catch the light and create a really neat effect a la -
haikujourneysopen_400.jpg

Thanks for the help!

@Yodajammies: i don't know vivak plastic, I will get some info about it in the next days. How do you think the visor scheme lasered would cost?

@Panzer: The Sentry Interface is like a sunglasses frame without nose bridge. And this is a problem, because i don't know how to hold it over my eyes without a too-visible solution (the vertical band, for example).

More images - back view and some details:

sentry.jpg

Sorry for my bad english!

You should exploit the piece on the forehead to keep the whole thing up and firm...
Also, if you need help with the electronics, just drop me a call!

Ps:don't worry, your English is improving lately ;-)

Your English is good. Better than my Italian.
You can use acrylic for the clear plastic.

You should exploit the piece on the forehead to keep the whole thing up and firm...
I thought about that, but the surface is too small and that piece seems slightly distant from the face.

Also, if you need help with the electronics, just drop me a call!
Of course ;)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back