Seeking replica info - ANH Vader Helmet and ROTJ Luke Saber

Prydonian

Hey, folks! I'm about to ask two broad-ranging questions which I hope won't elicit too many rolled eyes. I know that the answers will have been discussed by dedicated people in enormous detail for a long time, so I hope that my asking as though it were a simple matter won't be the cause of frustration. I followed the new versions of both these props closely for years, as they're both Ultimate Props I Must One Day Own, but I fell out of the loop some time ago and am now playing catch-up. As you all know, the sheer volume of info out there makes sorting through all the threads (and sites) nearly impossible, especially since a lot of it will now be outdated with the arrival of newer and better builds. I've done a fair amount of reading on the forum before posting this, but I know I've missed some. So please don't be annoyed by my quest for information! Thanks in advance for your forbearance. :)

Soooooo...

ANH Vader Helmet - So many versions have been made by so many companies and prop builders over the years. I'm just trying to find out what the cleanest, most accurate available options are now. If I'd had the funds for the eFX run at the time, I'd be a very happy person! Admittedly, it was a bit more than I'd like to spend, but money's not really a concern for the purposes of this question. Is there a consensus? Are there many versions available at the moment?

ROTJ Luke Saber, ideally with a removable blade - The last time I was really caught up on this, LEDs were just starting to replace gas-filled tubes and EL wire as the go-to source of illumination. It's been that long. Of course, I'm familiar with the Master Replicas model from a few years ago, but it featured both a permanent blade and the thickened neck section. I have seen one amazing build from someone who crafted one with both the thin neck and a removable blade, but from what I gather, no such replica is really obtainable. Is that correct? Or is there some incredible builder out there making thin-necked, removable-blade models available?

And that's it! I greatly appreciate any info you guys can give me as I try to fill in the gaps in my knowledge. Thanks very much for your help!

:)

There are still some efx limited edition anh vader helmets available at a few online retailers if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks for the replies! Wow, that was much less complicated than I expected. I had anticipated less certainty. Slothfurnace takes commissions?! I didn't expect that, either!

Thanks also for letting me know about the available eFX helmets, I appreciate it! I'll have a look 'round for one!

Any further possibilities?

Good point! :) I've sent him an email.

If, however, he isn't taking commissions, is there anyone else people would recommend?

Soooooo...

ANH Vader Helmet - So many versions have been made by so many companies and prop builders over the years. I'm just trying to find out what the cleanest, most accurate available options are now. If I'd had the funds for the eFX run at the time, I'd be a very happy person! Admittedly, it was a bit more than I'd like to spend, but money's not really a concern for the purposes of this question. Is there a consensus? Are there many versions available at the moment?

Not that it is available, I vaguely remember some helmet called the "SL ANH". :lol

SLANHDCG1Rc.jpg

SLANHDCG1Rd.jpg

There were also ANH versions of the TM ESB helmet that looked quite good, you might find one coming up for sale sometime. Although very rare, TM helmets do come up for sale from time to time.

Also, I am sure that when the eFX helmets finally come out, there will be plenty up on Ebay for the taking. Of course it will be interesting to see how they measure up.

Just to be clear, eFX was the first company to produce an ANH-style Vader helmet of any kind.

Not that it is available, I vaguely remember some helmet called the "SL ANH". :lol
Nice work!

There were also ANH versions of the TM ESB helmet that looked quite good, you might find one coming up for sale sometime. Although very rare, TM helmets do come up for sale from time to time.
Ah, that's the second time I've seen that mentioned... I confess my ignorance; I'm not familiar with those. Does TM refer to a builder?

Also, I am sure that when the eFX helmets finally come out, there will be plenty up on Ebay for the taking.
True! Good point...

Just to be clear, eFX was the first company to produce an ANH-style Vader helmet of any kind.
I meant Vader's helmet in general, rather than episode-specific models. Though that is interesting; I didn't know that. Actually, until today, I was never as well-versed on the differences between the helmets as I should have been. I've been trying to educate myself today!

Parks has a thin neck Luke saber, but folks are grumbling about him lately.
Good grief, I'd forgotten all about Parks Sabers! It's been a while. Yeah, grumbling was pretty much the order of the day a few years ago, too, LOL. Thank you for mentioning it! I've been browsing the site, and people's reviews, since I read your message! Definitely worth considering. Can I ask, what are the grumbles lately? Is it turnaround time?

I also discovered the SABER Guild at FX Sabers in my searches today. It's nice that they've organized that, it seems like a helpful resource to have!

Last edited:
Nice work!

Ah, that's the second time I've seen that mentioned... I confess my ignorance; I'm not familiar with those. Does TM refer to a builder?

True! Good point...

I meant Vader's helmet in general, rather than episode-specific models. Though that is interesting; I didn't know that. Actually, until today, I was never as well-versed on the differences between the helmets as I should have been. I've been trying to educate myself today!

There's a lot of information on Vader helmets and it's a sensitive topic for many here. There have been battles, kidnappings, bloodshed, voodoo magic, and hexes performed because of threads and topics similarly named.

Yes, you need to educate yourself on at least the differences between the 4 movie helmets. Do searches here on the differences.

Then you can look at threads such as this one, and start learning of all the people who have strived to create, mold, or obtain the "ultimate" vader helmets over the last 30 years.

http://www.therpf.com/f9/fanmade-vader-lineage-chart-85909/

Sithlord (SL) himself also has a thread with a lineage chart. Please look at that one as well.

Nice work!

True! Good point...

Good grief, I'd forgotten all about Parks Sabers! It's been a while. Yeah, grumbling was pretty much the order of the day a few years ago, too, LOL. Thank you for mentioning it! I've been browsing the site, and people's reviews, since I read your message! Definitely worth considering. Can I ask, what are the grumbles lately? Is it turnaround time?

I also discovered the SABER Guild at FX Sabers in my searches today. It's nice that they've organized that, it seems like a helpful resource to have!

The grumbling seems to be mostly for lack of communication.

There's a lot of information on Vader helmets and it's a sensitive topic for many here. There have been battles, kidnappings, bloodshed, voodoo magic, and hexes performed because of threads and topics similarly named.

Yes, you need to educate yourself on at least the differences between the 4 movie helmets. Do searches here on the differences.

Then you can look at threads such as this one, and start learning of all the people who have strived to create, mold, or obtain the "ultimate" vader helmets over the last 30 years.

http://www.therpf.com/f9/fanmade-vader-lineage-chart-85909/

Sithlord (SL) himself also has a thread with a lineage chart. Please look at that one as well.
LOL... yeah, that's pretty much what I had imagined with regard to the subject! I have indeed been reading up on it as much as possible the last couple of days, starting with the info on starwarshelmets.com. It seems I have a ways to go yet!

The grumbling seems to be mostly for lack of communication.
Ahh. I'm starting to understand that feeling; we're a bit past the 48 hour mark before which their "contact us" form said I should expect a reply. :lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back