See-through crystal/gem for Headpiece to the Staff of Ra

kalkamel

Master Member
Hi everyone. I just got myself a resin printer and was planning to print out a headpiece to the Staff of Ra I found on Thingiverse. Was just wondering if anyone know what I can use for the see-though gem on the headpiece? Any help is appreciated.

The original gems were standard yellow topaz colored glas gems made from Swarowski. But they are out of production there meanwhile. I think you can find similar glas stones made from other companies.

The original gems were standard yellow topaz colored glas gems made from Swarowski. But they are out of production there meanwhile. I think you can find similar glas stones made from other companies.

Thanks for the insight, Pascal. Is there a specific term I should look for?

The easiest way would probably be to determine what the size is and look for that diameter and the correct cut. I believe it is a 12mm diameter, single cut, half cut or "flat back". A single cut gem means it has an octagonal face facet with 8 side facets. But, single cut gems are not very common.

2000-2028-2058-2088.jpg

You are going to want a "2000 Swarovski Flatback" if you want it to be screen accurate.

This is just a site I found, but you get something similar all over the internet, but just check your sizes.

I think the hard part is going to be the color to be honest.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back