Sectioned Dreads-Huntorial Post #65

Excellent clay, like the latex/foam dread smart idea. Next vid ... a video of you casting a set of dreads that would be cool

Sorry Double H-- here is a video-- but its now the one you wanted-- Ill work on it though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7w9hNrAnBs

Damn Clay, those dreads are alive with veins! Loving the white veins on the black dread that is a kick ass idea and adds some serious age to the look of the dread!!!! Bummer your mould didn't turn out, but looks like your in a roll with where your going with it bud awesome stuff, looking forward to seeing the other vid.

Ps the dagger is awesome, neat idea

Great work! What foam are you using? I'm also curious what you're using to tint your foam with? Thanks for the video Clay.

Brian

Hell yea that sounds awesome!!!!!

What do you attach the dreads to the head with what kind of adhesive???

is that a 2 part paint or just a is that a 2 part paint or just a 1 part?

man i have seen these in person and getting a set. these are an awesome dread.i cant believe it . love them. movement is there as well. nice job.

Thanks John,
was good to get a "Review" from another Lair member. I got the first layer of the silicone in last night-- Ill keep you posted on how it is going.

after doing all these molds-- I am not sure what is going on-- the one original that I did comes out with flawless dreads-- all of the others seem to want to take the finish off of the foam in different areas. I think maybe I am going to have to clean out the molds completely with acetone, let them dry out for a few days, maybe dust them with some talcum powder and try it again-- I have a feeling it was the release agent I used on the resin dreads to make the molds-- but why didnt it do it on the original??

Anyhow, Im still pushing on here and getting them done, all be it slowly, but I want only a good product.

Here is my questions-- what style should I create the most of---any of these or just the standard black with nothing else?

Need your input so I know what to work on so I can start offering these when I have full sets done.

tippedcopy.jpg.gif

Personally clay I think you should go for the plain black ones. Think they would be a big mover and would concentrate on them and offer up custom jobs to people as well. Think they look fantastic and as I'm reaching the dread stage in build my backer rod is looking like s@@t..

Sean

ok here is where we are
  1. completely black 2 votes
  2. black and white with white tips 2 votes
  3. flesh with red veins and black tips 0 votes
  4. black with white hard spine 0 votes
  5. black with natural latex bottom 0 votes
  6. grey color 0 votes
  7. latex bottom powder coat 0 votes

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back