Sculpting BvS cowl, and armored helmet

reaton89

BvS_cowl01.JPG
BvS_cowl02.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you all! Obviously a lot further along on the regular cowl. I started it a long time ago and put it on hold until some better reference pictures came out... which there is now a mother-load of, from all different angles, and in different lighting. Ha! Never thought I'd get such a good look this far out from the release date.

There are just as many shots of the "showdown suit". The design of the mask is simple enough, so figured I'd take a shot at it too.

Does anyone else get a Lego Batman vibe from the metal helmet? I thought it was silly at first, but I'm starting to love it.

I took some measurements with callipers.

top of ears to bottom of chin- 11.5"
head width (ear level)- 7.75"
space between pupils- 3"
space between (top of) bat ears- 6.5"
depth (brow line to back of head)- 9.25"
overall HxW (cowl only)- 16.5" x 17.5"

BvS_cowl03.JPG

Last edited:
I've noticed on the movie cowl that the jaw sticks out more especially around the angle part. I think that might be what's letting them move there head from side to side because there's that extra space there. Your cowl in my opinion looks spot on. great work

Last edited:
I've noticed on the movie cowl that the jaw sticks out more especially around the angle part. I think that might be what's letting them move there head from side to side because there's that extra space there. Your cowl in my opinion looks spot on. great work

Thank you. I've noticed that too. I think Warner Bros. spent lots of $$ on the design of this cowl. They're not going to backpedal on the neck mobility issue. This is just my guess, but I think the head and shoulders are reinforced with a hardshell, and the neck is probably filled with flexible foam.

Last edited:
I plan on finishing these this week.
Batfleck01.JPG

your selling this as a wearable cowl or bust? the normal cowl btw.

Just wearable unless theres a demand for busts. I sculpted the chest, shoulders and cape to get an idea of what it would look like. Plus the back of the cowl goes down much lower than the front, so the mold is going to be a beast one way or the other.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back