Sculpting advice needed?

Weezer

Hi I'm interested in sculpting a 1:6 scale head. I'm not sure what product to use? I haven't done this kind of thing in years. I use to use Plasticine and I've worked with wax, but I'm sure there is something way better and easier to use.

Thanks.

If you want to make the kneeding easier get a cheap wood rolling pin and that way you can pound it and flatten it and it makes kneeding the older stuff easier. My super sculpty gets a bit dry with age and i use the rolling pin on it. Also helps with uniform thicknesses.

If the sculpey is hard then try to kneed a little bit at a time. When you are able to flatten out a larger piece use one of these pasta makers to run it thru a couple of times on diffrent settings.
Do not force it! use the biggest setting a couple of times before stepping down to smaller. I have broken a couple of these machines because i tried to force it when it still was "hard"ish

imperia-sp150-double-cutter-pasta-machine-469-p.jpg

Hey thanks guys.

I found an untouched box of Sculpey in a box of art supplies in the garage. I tried kneeding it and it's soft. I thought it would be dried out by now.

Thanks

Get some Super Scupy Firm. It's grey. Mix it 50/50 with the regular. It'll give you good consistency for detail. Another hint: use pressure with your tools, rather than carving. Use a very light touch, and you'll get a feel for it.

Super Sculpey is flesh color. It is worth buying a new pack.

Good luck on your project. be sure to post pics of you progress.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back