Screen used V shuttles

SurferGeek

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I remeber someone asking about screenused (or screen accurate) shuttles from V. I found these going through my old hard drive.

V_Screenused1.jpg

V_Screenused2.jpg

If they belong to someone and you don't want them posted, please PM me.

The thread is over in SS I believe... what I'd like to know is who ended up with the toys that Donovan's kid and his friend were playing with...

I remember at the end of the series that there was adverts for actual toys, like star wars figure sizes.
Does anyone know if these were produced or not?

Those are awesome and I would love to even own a replica shuttle.

I always wanted V figures as well (like the ones Sean played with on the show).

They were never made. The only figure made was an 12" Visitor with removeable face.

60_12.JPG

I remember some stuff about the models, misc info really.

The toy shuttle did show up in various TV shows for years. I did hear the bit about it being sold in Europe but no proof ever came my way.

The F/X people used to toss the old V shuttles around to see if they would fly.
So you will see lots of broken corners in the shooting models on a screen used item.

Actually in Spain some miniature bendy style V figures were made. A Diana doll was made overseas too. A lot of stuff was made for V just not all in america. You had a board game, several toy visitor style guns, trading cards, and other things.

Originally posted by The Watchman@Mar 30 2006, 10:00 AM
Does any one know what happened to the full size shuttles?
[snapback]1216251[/snapback]​

I remember hearing that they were all torn down. Funny thing, though - if you watch the deleted scenes from "Pee-Wee's Big Adventure," you can actually see some of those full size V shuttle pieces in the Warner Bros. backlot. They're just lying around back there. How dare they..

IRRC, the fullsize V shuttle was made out of the old Space Academy shuttle, which in turn was made the front portion of the vehicle on Ark II (both mid 70s Filmation SatAM shows).

this studio-scale model kit of the v-shuttle was offered some months ago from SMT.
but now it seems they are completely down (out of business).
they dont sell anything anymore :cry

-joerg

IIRC, there were some V-licenced "Playmobil" toys available back in the day - Or some knockoffs presented as that.
I remember seeing them on holiday in Majorca or Spain, a little "flying saucer" with a Playmobil figure in Visotor uniform driving it...

Hi all.

I am trying to build a visitor transport and tanker based on the SMT kit.I would like to know the measures of these shuttles.

Any good pics?.Any help?

Thanks.

The full size shuttles... at least some of them ended up on the backlot... I was just watching Pee-Wee's Big Adventure and at the end of the movie there is a big chase scene through the backlot. You can easily see a couple of the shuttles or parts of them anyway in the piles of stuff. Lots of other things in there as well but those caught my attention.

I wish I had some screenshots to post but I don't own the DVD and had to return it... maybe someone can post something.

Nice shuttle.I have always wanted to have the Sean´s ship and now I am trying to build all the ships that never were produced.

It´s a hard work.I am a V props collector since the first time I saw V.

Those shuttles were not, and never were, the Space Academy/ArkII ships. Completely different beasts altogether. Very fun to see them again, though, thanks for the pics.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back