Screen used c3po pictures new!!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigbaddaddyvader @ Dec 2 2006, 05:38 PM) [snapback]1370270[/snapback]</div>
And will do an even better job at ruthlessly scamming someone through PIH. :thumbsdown
[/b]

Well, it may be over priced but it still isnt a bad looking piece but I dont know as much about this stuff so I'll get out of the way here

Just one last thing

C3PO workin for the SGC
C3POStarGate.jpg

:D

If Anthony Daniels had worn THIS helmet in any Star Wars film, he would be DEAD in 10 minutes... :p

As I mentioned a few pages back, and as GH has pointed out, the mouth slot has NOT been cut out. He'd have suffocated.

I would love to hear an explanation for this, there's a slim chance I suppose that it was part of a suit rigged on a mannequin for distant speed shots of the landspeeder where Daniels might have been in danger of falling off, but I doubt it. Possibly it was a test cast, but if they themselves bought this on ebay I'd doubt that too.

Jeremy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RKW @ Dec 2 2006, 11:05 AM) [snapback]1370198[/snapback]</div>
Wasn't this picture taken of a helmet either at LFL or sent to a museum by LFL?

Ignoring the Profiles description as being ANH it does say that Elstree received the helmet for work on ESB.
[/b]
That pic was taken by our very own TK1536 in D.C. at the Smithsonian if I'm not mistaken.

For someone who can easily pass away the most major differences as minor sanding on Vader helmets I'm suprised Sithlord that you don't think sanding could account for all of your red doodles. We've already had the "expert" opinion tell us about the right angle on the right side yet this LFL helmet has the same angles as the one for auction.

Is the ebay helmet fanmade? Is the pictured LFL helmet a fake? How many heads were used during ANH?

I think I'll wait for opinions from members of the dedicated C3PO boards to pass judgement on whether this is a genuine casting or just a recast.

What's the bet everybody calling this another fake goes and bids on it :rolleyes

This original screen-used C3POÂ…

The head was featured prominently in Star Wars: Episode IV- A New Hope, positioned securely on Luke's land speeder during filming of the scenes in which Luke and Obi-Wan travel to the Mos Eisley spaceport. [/b]

They are very clear what scenes the head was used in. And they show screencaps. And the shot of the landspeeder first approaching Mos Eisley was a miniature, so it couldn't be that shot. If they knew so much about the history/provenance of this piece then they would have known if it was used in long distance shots of the landspeeder traveling across the horizon.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RKW @ Dec 2 2006, 02:16 PM) [snapback]1370324[/snapback]</div>
For someone who can easily pass away the most major differences as minor sanding on Vader helmets I'm suprised Sithlord that you don't think sanding could account for all of your red doodles. We've already had the "expert" opinion tell us about the right angle on the right side yet this LFL helmet has the same angles as the one for auction.

Is the ebay helmet fanmade? Is the pictured LFL helmet a fake? How many heads were used during ANH?

I think I'll wait for opinions from members of the dedicated C3PO boards to pass judgement on whether this is a genuine casting or just a recast.

What's the bet everybody calling this another fake goes and bids on it :rolleyes
[/b]

I think this is just yet again another attempt by you at provocation. The Ebay helmet is a replica. The silver LFL is not a fake although I don't know if it is original ANH. It doesn't matter how many heads there were in ANH...the Elstree one does not look original. You can spend all the time you want on the C3PO boards, that won't change what this head is, or rather what it is not.

I reckon PIH has just tagged on the bollocks about it appearing in ANH.

It's the main paragraph detailing its history that makes more sense describing it as a continuity piece for ESB which is why the mouth hasn't been cutout because it was never intended to be worn.

And I suppose members of dedicated C3PO boards know more than someone who sculpted the final look of C3PO? You've got to be kidding me.
[/b]

Andrew Ainsworth anyone ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RKW @ Dec 2 2006, 02:29 PM) [snapback]1370331[/snapback]</div>
I reckon PIH has just tagged on the bollocks about it appearing in ANH.

It's the main paragraph detailing its history that makes more sense describing it as a continuity piece for ESB which is why the mouth hasn't been cutout because it was never intended to be worn.

And I suppose members of dedicated C3PO boards know more than someone who sculpted the final look of C3PO? You've got to be kidding me.
[/b]

Andrew Ainsworth anyone ;)
[/b]

Sure, PIH adds information for the owners. :rolleyes

What is that comment about Andrew Ainsworth supposed to mean?

After all these comparisons I do notice many similarities between my Zorg head and the PIH one.
What is the provenance of the Zorg head? It came from an original at some point - ESB, ROTJ?

I really don't get these "Elstree" guys. They're constantly showing replicas to the point I don't trust anything I've read from them.

SL - I think the AA comment was along similar lines. He has lied and gone back on things he's said so many times that many do not trust him at all. Either that or AA has shown that he doesn't quite know as much about the Stormtrooper as you'd think after all these years.
I don't think that should call Brian Muir's credibility into question though.

I believe RKW knows very well that his jabs at Sithlord add nothing to this thread.

4-5 different people with better than average reference material have given several points that this 3PO is not an ANH 3PO per elstree's claims. With their history of misinformation, this is no big suprise.

I do agree that Elstree has mislead more times than they have told the truth. I wouldn't trust anything without validating their claims. Occasionally I see stuff that looks pretty good, but the ANH stuff is alot more suspect to me because that is my passion. They have sold more fan made items as props than I can count. A vader saber comes to mind....that thing was hideous. More hideous than the stunt or hero ROTJ sabers combined........LOL.

I can't believe they don't get sued by collectors who believe their advertisements.

Dave

:lol Don't count on it, "brother".

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RKW @ Dec 2 2006, 11:16 AM) [snapback]1370324[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vaderdarth @ Dec 4 2006, 12:16 PM) [snapback]1371146[/snapback]</div>
I believe RKW knows very well that his jabs at Sithlord add nothing to this thread.
[/b]

I am personally getting tired of seeing it. It is uncalled for and unnecessary.

I agree with Lonepigeon. I tend to believe zorg's is ROTJ too and this doesn't look like ANH. The pics aren't really good for comparing but it still doesn't look right to me. I'm sure the antenna is a recent addition.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lonepigeon @ Dec 2 2006, 02:55 PM) [snapback]1370351[/snapback]</div>
After all these comparisons I do notice many similarities between my Zorg head and the PIH one.
What is the provenance of the Zorg head? ...
[/b]

Many of us would like to know this too.

if memory serves... the Zorg head came from RPF member Vos, who bought it from a curio/pawn shop of some kind in the UK. Supposedly it came from a Studio mold (ESB?), though the eyes, antennae and neckbolts were not authentic. I'm sure there's more info, but this is all I can remember.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ghost Host @ Dec 9 2006, 08:25 AM) [snapback]1374334[/snapback]</div>
if memory serves... the Zorg head came from RPF member Vos, who bought it from a curio/pawn shop of some kind in the UK. Supposedly it came from a Studio mold (ESB?), though the eyes, antennae and neckbolts were not authentic. I'm sure there's more info, but this is all I can remember.
[/b]

That was my understanding too

Here's some pics of my two Zorg heads - if its of any use

Weathered
weath3po01.JPG

Clean
throne3po02.JPG

throne3po03.JPG

Cheers

Jez

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back