Scream robe

I checked my mask yesterday when I got home and its as big as the movie version I think. It was purchased with the robe 8 or 9 years ago at a Halloween store . The white isn't so white anymore though. And the elastic doesn't work, I have to wrap it around my head twice. The robe it came with is terrible. Doesn't go all the way down my legs and is really really tight.

I checked my mask yesterday when I got home and its as big as the movie version I think. It was purchased with the robe 8 or 9 years ago at a Halloween store . The white isn't so white anymore though. And the elastic doesn't work, I have to wrap it around my head twice. The robe it came with is terrible. Doesn't go all the way down my legs and is really really tight.

The version that came with the robe is the wrong version.

This topic reminded me that I actually have a Scream mask that was lying around in a drawer wrapped in plastic :

I don't remember when I purchased it, but the tag does say "Funworld div".
The rubber is very soft... And the mask is not "glowing in the dark" (as far as I can tell). The hood is stretchy and permanently attached to the mask (which is also asymetrical).

I'm also pretty sure that I have a Buck 120 in my garage, somewhere. Certainly heavily dented/scratched/dinged, but still.

Last edited:
The robes in the theatre scene different then the hero ones. The material is different and the cut at the bottom is different.

Biker

The Brand of Knife is BUCK....Heres a picture of the 119 and its box!
buck_119_0909_0c1.jpg

And here's a comparison pic between the 119 and the 120 :

The one used in the movie is the 120 General model. It is identical to the the 119 but the blade is longer.

I remember buying the mask a few weeks prior to the original movie's release. That one did not glow in the dark, but I have since lost where that one got to.
The one I have now is one that came with the full costume - it's the same exact mask, but it does not have an attached hood - rather, just a piece of fabric under the chin which is supposed to cover your neck when wearing.
I had it mounted in a frame when I found out just how rare these things are - I will post pics when I have a chance.

aww man.. I worked on Scream II for a couple of days and painted the boots! I can't remember anything other than they were black lace up work boots :(
Can't remember the robe either, but I don't remember it having any metallic threads.. but I could be wrong. I didn't work on those. :(
Wish I had thought to take pix back then..

Just so everyones clear, the Father Death costume was packaged like that and named that specifically for the Theater scene in Scream 2, they were NEVER sold off the shelf like that or named that. The one in that pic is somebodies prop replica packaging that they stuck their own robe and mask in. Sorry if thats what you meant initially, but it would be a shame if somebody spent hours looking for an original father death costume :cry

Just so everyones clear, the Father Death costume was packaged like that and named that specifically for the Theater scene in Scream 2, they were NEVER sold off the shelf like that or named that. The one in that pic is somebodies prop replica packaging that they stuck their own robe and mask in. Sorry if thats what you meant initially, but it would be a shame if somebody spent hours looking for an original father death costume :cry

Yup.

Father death was the costume...I swiped these pics of one a guy had for sale from another forum...

mike

Actually, I believe that THAT version of the packaging was from the costume shop in the 1st Scream movie. The packaging in the 2nd movie in the theatre was (I'm fairly sure) different, and featured the fake STAB movie logo.

Actually, I believe that THAT version of the packaging was from the costume shop in the 1st Scream movie. The packaging in the 2nd movie in the theatre was (I'm fairly sure) different, and featured the fake STAB movie logo.

That is true. The package design for the scene in "Scream 2" was, in fact, different.

What can we do about the voice? Obviously in the films it was done by Roger Jackson but I thought someone like Hyperdyne could work up a soundboard.

true,that Father Death packaging pic above is seen in Scream 1,after Billy gets taken to the cop station. it looks almost exactly the same.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back