Scratchbuilt 1/2222 Star Destroyer Avenger

Hello all,

Does anyone know what kit that this part came from (highlighted pink) for the main guns on the Avenger Star Destroyer.

maingun1_zpsuzdneu9f.jpg

it reminds me off a piece from one of the airfix king George ship model although i am probably wrong, i would defiantly get someone else opinion on that

This build still continues to blow me away! The level of detail is mind blowing! Keep up the amazing work! Happy 2016!

i was was wrong, oh well. your skill with styrene amazes me, do you use any specific tools for cutting/shaping your styrene or is it just a hobby knife and a lot of skill? i ask only because i do some scratch builds myself (nothing even remotely close to the level you do) and i hope to one day get somewhere close to your level of detail and accaurcy,
the clone

p.s. any reason as to why you chose 1/2222 scale and not 1/2000 or even 1/2111 which is twice the size of the amt airfix monster ( i realize it is heresy to mention such an unworthy kit in the presence of your masterpiece )

i was was wrong, oh well. your skill with styrene amazes me, do you use any specific tools for cutting/shaping your styrene or is it just a hobby knife and a lot of skill? i ask only because i do some scratch builds myself (nothing even remotely close to the level you do) and i hope to one day get somewhere close to your level of detail and accaurcy,
the clone

I just use the tools that are out on the market which can be found online or better yet, at your local hobby store.

http://www.micromark.com
https://starshipmodeler.biz/shop/index.cfm/category/66/tools.html

p.s. any reason as to why you chose 1/2222 scale and not 1/2000 or even 1/2111 which is twice the size of the amt airfix monster ( i realize it is heresy to mention such an unworthy kit in the presence of your masterpiece )

When I started, I based the size of the model on the size of the main engines. I used plastic Easter Eggs, something that I already had. I found it best to base a build on this since it would have been an item I would have difficulty locating had the subject been larger. My skills back then were not that developed as they are now. I could call this a 1/2256 subject, it's in the ballpark and looks nice to all the 1/2256 scale models that I have that are still in the boxes.

thanks, looks amazing
the gun looks wonderful, are you going to cast it or re build the rest. i cannot imagine what it will look like when finished, keep up the unimaginably good work,
the clone

thanks, looks amazing
the gun looks wonderful, are you going to cast it or re build the rest. i cannot imagine what it will look like when finished, keep up the unimaginably good work,
the clone

I'm in the process of making a number of parts. Once I'm done, I'll cast them all and this will save me some time with the small details.

i thought it would be tedious to rebuild the gun 10 times (i think thats how many there are), looking forward to seeing how they pan out,
p.s. have you done other scratchbuild and if so could you post some links please?, this is just so awesome i need mores scratchy scrathbuilding goodness (i now count it as one of my 5 a day)

Making those guns must have been a pain, but well worth the effort. I know it was for me.

It went by quickly. Once I start cutting brass rod and adding the styrene sleeves,... then I think it will be tedious. After doing the shield domes, everything else went by smoothly.

i thought it would be tedious to rebuild the gun 10 times (i think thats how many there are), looking forward to seeing how they pan out,
p.s. have you done other scratchbuild and if so could you post some links please?, this is just so awesome i need mores scratchy scrathbuilding goodness (i now count it as one of my 5 a day)

I'll be making eight castings of the gun, four for each side.

I have a link to my site at the lower left of this post,... "Scratchy on Facebook"
You'll find some of my other stuff there.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back