Scratchbuild X-wing - from CGI to studio scale build

Incredible. Though it is a lofty and far off goal, I've always wanted to build a life-size X-Wing. Where I'd store it... no idea. If I ever do so, I'll have to contact you about blueprint. :)

I added the canopy frame (not quite finished yet) and made some puttying & symmetry fixes. Too bad it's freezing outside, so I can't spray it with primer.
By the way: how much does the sides of lower half of the nose protrude compared to the sides of lower half of the fuselage? I can't decide between 1mm or 1,5mm. Thanks for any help!

Hello,
Since my english is not good,I don't understand which part you are talking about,but your fuselage looks very accurate.
I can't wait it finished.:)

Hi, I described it rather awkwardly :) Basically it's this dimension that I'm curious about:
rect5132.png

I'm glad you like it. I still have some difficulties with the nose shape, it's hard to get it look correct.
Have a good luck with your red 2 conversion, I'm watching it :)

Oh I see.It is very difficult for me to say and I always keep that sometimes there are compromises to be made in my mind.
Since I haven't worked on the nosecone at all I'm not so sure,but I think 1.5mm or 2.0mm would be correct.I think the nosecone on the pyro kit is too small.

This is kind of illusion.I think the nosecone was originally more like square shape at the rear end,but was smoothed with filler.So it doesn't look as thick as it looks in my opinion.
As I said,I'm not sure untill I will work on the nosecone.Maybe Kevin has a better opinion.
Let's wait what he thinks!:)

By the way,thank you for watching my thread.It's very slow,but making progress one by one.

Thanks for your input! When I look at it now, it's very much possible that the sides of the nose were a bit less pronounced on pyros that on the heros. I'll go with 1.5mm for now then.

Persistence is more important than speed :) I myself started working on mine more than year and a half ago. Not counting the preliminary phase of drawing my own blueprints, 3d models for comparison and so on.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back