Scratch built Slave 1 Studio Scale Made from Steel

WorksByaHurst

Hello Everyone,

First of thank you for all the feedback on the metal Millennium Falcon build. So here is my current / in progress build. I am making 2 studio scale Slave one Sculptures. I really am trying to get as close as I possibly can to the studio scale model but I also must admit that I am a sculptor and not a modeler. Therefor my work will never be as accurate as a laser scanned 3d printed model. I also take artistic license on several small details to make it possible for me to try and replicate them out of metal. I will try and get you caught up to where I am at today.
20181003_131646.jpg
20181006_124110.jpg

Probably the quickest way to cover this is to watch the part 1 YouTube video...

I will add more updates soon. I have to head to work now. Thanks everyone.

20180804_152624.jpg

20180723_111505.jpg

20180723_111528.jpg

20181003_131646.jpg

20181006_124144.jpg

20181006_124110.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I agreed with many here about not painting the MF...but yeah...no paint for that beauty either:cool

Dude, that is ridiculously insane. What an awesome job your doing. I totally agree with others in saying don't paint this, the raw form is so beautiful.

Dude. Don't paint it! It looks great raw.
Thanks man, Sadly its not that simple. It will rust!

Yep, I agreed with many here about not painting the MF...but yeah...no paint for that beauty either:cool

Thank you
Dude, that is ridiculously insane. What an awesome job your doing. I totally agree with others in saying don't paint this, the raw form is so beautiful.

I will do my best to try and not paint one. I will paint the other one

Already a beautiful work of art! Thank you for sharing this project!

Thank you very much. hopefully more to come. I'm far from finished.

You are a true artist and craftsman. I like to work in plastic and wood. HUGE respect for folks like you who work in metal.

Loved watching the videos too.

Cheers,

Ted.

I’ve always been a HUGE admirer of metal and machine work (a talent I do not possess). Your work is absolutely stunning, on both the Falcon and Slave1.

WOW, just WOW!!!!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back