Scratch build Empire Strikes Back Binoculars

CurlyPhil

I’ve been scratch building some Hoth Binoculars. I’ve found lots of reference pictures but I’ve not been able to find any accurate measurements. So the 3 I’ve made are all slightly different. Just trying to get a little closer to the film version. Any info would be very much appreciated. Cheers.
Here’s the latest build. Too small I fear

upload_2019-3-25_11-50-56.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-25_11-42-13.jpeg
    upload_2019-3-25_11-42-13.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 207
I'm pretty sure there's a model on Thingiverse, I'm not positive that whomever modeled them had a Simrad rangefinder to pull measurements from, but they look pretty accurate to me.

Even if you don't have a printer, you could get some basic dimensions from the STL files.

I'm pretty sure there's a model on Thingiverse, I'm not positive that whomever modeled them had a Simrad rangefinder to pull measurements from, but they look pretty accurate to me.

Even if you don't have a printer, you could get some basic dimensions from the STL files.
Cheers Dan. I had given this idea some thought. I’ve looked at a few and there are differences. So it’s not difinitive

Glad to see that not everyone is 3D printing everything. You have great skills! those binoculars look fantastic! You gonna weather em?

Lovely work - really impressive!

I am scratch building a pair right now from compressed foam:

Scale is always the problem isn’t it?

it is really fun to see your build and make similar connections to mine.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back