Scott Ross discusses ILM, Pixar, James Cameron and Digital Domain - check this out

Jet Beetle

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
I've been lucky enough to have great mentors since I stepped off the bus in Hollywood. First would be my father in law, who is simply one of the smartest people I have ever met. Then there's Terry and Ted who took me under their wing and showed me how to put words together, but someone who taught me equally as much as they did is a man named Scott Ross. Some of you here I'm sure know Scott. He ran ILM for years and it was thanks to him I was able to visit the ranch constantly and rome the prop house. Thanks to him I was able to sit down and have dinner with James Cameron and spend a few days with Stan Winston. He was there pushing for me to direct Instant Karma, laying the tools of Digital Domain at my feet. Scott has a million great stories and he shares a few here - the x-rated ones are even better. Enjoy

YouTube - ‪Home Theater Geeks 52: Stories From The Digital Domain‬‏

Re: Scott Ross discusses ILM, Pixar, James Cameron and Digital Domain - check this ou

I've never met him but heard some storys about him and what a great guy he is.

I would just love to talk to him about his Music days, God the stories he could tell.

I was just talking to a friend this morning who grew up in the 60's and man what a magical time it was.

Man I would have loved to been in my 20's in the late 60's!

Thanks for the great link Paul!

Re: Scott Ross discusses ILM, Pixar, James Cameron and Digital Domain - check this ou

Great interview, thanks for posting it!

Man thats sad news. :(

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back