Score of my lifetime. SL ANH Vader face mask.

Buyers agreements? As someone not familiar with these (& I'm sure there are plenty of others) could someone give me some idea of what sort of things these cover & why ?

Not showing certain details and "tells", in an effort to discourage recasters and other ne'er-do-wells from attempting to copy said details and attempt to pass off their work as having closer lineage than it really does.

This has happened in the past.

Buyers agreements? As someone not familiar with these (& I'm sure there are plenty of others) could someone give me some idea of what sort of things these cover & why ?

They should cover that these ultra-rare authentic casts are not landing in the hands of recasters.Thats why you need a very good reputation if you wanna own one.But nothing is 100% safe.

The only helmet with ac lineage that is free to buy for everyone is the CFO.

Thank you to the both of you. I never ever thought this would happen. I have never seen a SL openly for sale till now. I had to jump on it!

This makes the 9th Vader helmet I owned over the years and absolutely the greatest.

Truly beautiful! Congratulations!

Perhaps you can share with us your other 8 Vader helmets? :)

Congratulations! As others have already said, please be a good steward of your beautiful new helmet and honor the buyers agreement.

I was fortunate enough to purchase a complete SL a few months ago, and it is without question one of my most cherished prop pieces. Right up there with my real parts Obi-Wan and live fire Han ANH blaster.

You can match some of the most minute of details on the helmet with those seen on screen. I catch myself just staring at it all the time.

Nice score... but you probably should resize those photos to be smaller. Part of the agreement is to NOT post large high res photos.

Mine was #13... I think they got near 20 before Thomas ghosted.

Nice score... but you probably should resize those photos to be smaller. Part of the agreement is to NOT post large high res photos.

Mine was #13... I think they got near 20 before Thomas ghosted.

That is the first time I heard picture sizing part of the agreement. Strider posted similar photos on his sale thread and never mentioned the agreement. I understand it's there to avoid fakes but these are cell phone pictures that did not capture the fine authentic detail. If need be I can still resize.

But if Thomas can't honor the few remaining purchases then I feel bets are all off on the SL. That is my honest Opinion. He stole money which imo is worse then copying a photo.

Officially, I got the last cast; which was #26.

Unofficially, Juan got #27, so it's a limited edition of 27 world wide.

Casts that we know of. Any possibility that under the table casts made? I highly doubt it since Thomas wasn't involved directly with production.

That is the first time I heard picture sizing part of the agreement. Strider posted similar photos on his sale thread and never mentioned the agreement. I understand it's there to avoid fakes but these are cell phone pictures that did not capture the fine authentic detail. If need be I can still resize.

But if Thomas can't honor the few remaining purchases then I feel bets are all off on the SL. That is my honest Opinion. He stole money which imo is worse then copying a photo.

That's entirely your decision.

But when I sold my SL to Nick Cline, I made sure that he read, agreed to and signed the buyer's agreement before I sold him the SL even though Thomas was out of the picture.

My belief was and still is that even though the other party wasn't in the picture anymore to enforce the agreement, and maybe even arguably he violated the agreement himself by cheating those other people, *I* still knowingly entered into this agreement and agreed to the terms that were set out to me when I bought the SL.

So whether I chose to violate those terms was a reflection upon myself and my word rather than a reflection on Thomas.

In this community in many instances, all we have to go on is to trust the word of another person that they'll deliver the product they promised, or that they'll act as an intermediary for something that you want to buy in another country, or that they'll honor agreements.

It’s less about Thomas at this point and really all about respecting your peers who are fortunate enough to own an SL.

Honoring the agreement ensures that your investment, as well as the investment of the other 26 owners like myself, is protected from others looking to reverse engineer or copy it’s distinct characteristics that make the SL so desirable and valuable.

Last edited:
They should cover that these ultra-rare authentic casts are not landing in the hands of recasters.Thats why you need a very good reputation if you wanna own one.But nothing is 100% safe.

The only helmet with ac lineage that is free to buy for everyone is the CFO.

Check some FB Vader groups. There is a new ANH option offered to the public originating from a digital scan of the DJ helmet. The original DJ was directly pulled from the Rick Baker mold in 1990. That’s way cool.

NothIng special there. I only own the 3 pictured there currently.

I know where you can get a dome that originates from the RB mold. VaderMonkey on the Den.

Or...Join the Darth Vader - Movie Accurate Costumes group on Face Book. You can order a RAW trimmed ANH dome for $600.

Careful, or you’ll get black listed by the Vader authentic cast community. It’s not just about Thomas. The buyers agreement is there to protect the other SL owner’s investment as well.

Careful, or you’ll get black listed by the Vader authentic cast community. It’s not just about Thomas. The buyers agreement is there to protect the other SL owner’s investment as well.

You are right. I'm trying my best not to say something wrong. I mean no harm.

And thank you for the lead on a dome.

I’m not sure that’s the correct way to view this? Beautiful piece mind, congrats.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back