Score of my lifetime. SL ANH Vader face mask.

SHE HAS ARRIVED!

I never opened a package this fast in my entire life(while still trying to be careful). I open it to the left hand tusk sticking out of the packaging then proceeded to remove it to find the right hand tusk had snapped off. My heart sank so fast I could feel my blood sugar drop. I ripped out the rest of those damn packing peanuts(I loathe them and never use them when I ship) to find the tusk and missing tube chunk. I'm so happy it still fit into place and the crack is very well invisible.

What blew my mind is the size. It's the largest Vader mask I have seen in person. It's noticably larger then the CFO with out even seeing them side by side. Which tells me the ESB and ROTJ masks are smaller. I didn't know lol. The face screams authentic, like a big muscle bound thug screaming at your face with a mega phone kind of authentic. No doubt at all this is Muir's sculpt. I'm so happy that I don't care there isn't a dome.

Now on to pics.

20191008_093712.jpg
20191008_093628.jpg
20191008_093544.jpg
20191008_093734.jpg
20191008_093721.jpg

Thank you to the both of you. I never ever thought this would happen. I have never seen a SL openly for sale till now. I had to jump on it!

This makes the 9th Vader helmet I owned over the years and absolutely the greatest.

So there are some experts around there at the moment. ;-)

Is there a small chance to detect what helmet that is? Maker and so on.

There is no better pic of it.

Attachments

• E2FF20E6-1343-4762-83A0-100DB60C3DA3.jpeg
    E2FF20E6-1343-4762-83A0-100DB60C3DA3.jpeg
    201.8 KB · Views: 294
Fantastic Casting! For which Tour did Rick Baker Cast those helmets?

Precise information is difficult to come by but we know Rick Baker copied the ANH Hero helmet immediately post production in 1977. Photographic evidence of the hero helmet suggests the casting was done prior to the footprint ceremony at Grauman's Chinese theater in August '77. I don't think it is known how many copies were made/sent out but he shared a vintage photo on social media a few years ago showing several helmets:
RBvaders.jpg

Last edited:

No idea who the maker is but from what I can tell it looks to me like a copy with lineage to what is generally called the UK mold. This is the father mold of the TM and CFO-GS helmets.

There really is no way to tell in that photo. It appears to be ESB. Does it have the indent on the widows peak and a bump under the right hand cheek? If so it's most likely a copy of a helmet from the UK molds which fathered the screen used ESB helmets.

No idea who the maker is but from what I can tell it looks to me like a copy with lineage to what is generally called the UK mold. This is the father mold of the TM and CFO-GS helmets.

I was told that about the helmet (just quoting, what i was told):

- It's a copy of the original
- there were made 15 of them right after the shooting
- this is number 16...

It's a crazy story and the owner does not want to tell more about it. How he got it and so on.

Congrats on an awesome piece man. You sound as excited as I was when I got mine. It's definitely a grail item.oh and with a beautiful finish on it too. ;)

Ben

Looks really awesome. And well painted. Like the touch with the authentic looking tabs.

I was told that about the helmet (just quoting, what i was told):

- It's a copy of the original
- there were made 15 of them right after the shooting
- this is number 16...

It's a crazy story and the owner does not want to tell more about it. How he got it and so on.
Interesting picture and interesting story. Maybe you should start a new thread about it.

There may be reasons why he can't share the details - buyer's agreements or not wanting to attract attention to himself. Sure it can raise red flags and it can be someone trying to pass off a recast of someone else's work and try and give it pedigree - we've seen all that before. A shame the picture isn't better. For a moment I thought it was the Australian helmet that had shown up some time back, but that one had holes drilled into it and missing the tips of the tusk tubes, so it isn't that one. Any word on location?

lol I can visit him and see what’s up
Would be really nice, so people can get what they are owed and see what's really going on, because a lot of people have been left in a kind of limbo in this matter.

I have a bad feeling about this. ;)

If its ESB it could be also a TM cast/recast with some new added details?

From that extreme bad pic you can say nothing.Do you wanna buy this helmet?

With a little bit rework:

36954504fj.jpg

Last edited:
SHE HAS ARRIVED!

I never opened a package this fast in my entire life(while still trying to be careful). I open it to the left hand tusk sticking out of the packaging then proceeded to remove it to find the right hand tusk had snapped off. My heart sank so fast I could feel my blood sugar drop. I ripped out the rest of those damn packing peanuts(I loathe them and never use them when I ship) to find the tusk and missing tube chunk. I'm so happy it still fit into place and the crack is very well invisible.

What blew my mind is the size. It's the largest Vader mask I have seen in person. It's noticably larger then the CFO with out even seeing them side by side. Which tells me the ESB and ROTJ masks are smaller. I didn't know lol. The face screams authentic, like a big muscle bound thug screaming at your face with a mega phone kind of authentic. No doubt at all this is Muir's sculpt. I'm so happy that I don't care there isn't a dome.

Now on to pics.

View attachment 1067085View attachment 1067086View attachment 1067087View attachment 1067088View attachment 1067089

Wow...love the finish.Perfect.

I have a bad feeling about this. ;)

If its ESB it could be also a TM cast/recast with some new added details?

From that extreme bad pic you can say nothing.Do you wanna buy this helmet?

With a little bit rework:

View attachment 1067530
My gut feeling is that it is a TM. Does it come from Germany? Shoot me a PM if you‘d like to discuss that in private. I know a bit about TM‘s.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back