Scarlet Spider 1st timer

Peek73

Well here goes......
I recently found this sight and I have found a lot of helpful people here who. I have followed threads and gotten ideas that have helped me along the way. My Suit is almost completed, and I'm almost ready for Emerald City Comic-Con on March 28th. Here is what I have done so far. I know it's no where near perfect, and I still have a lot to learn, but with working on the grave shift, kids, a full time job, and being 41 now time is very limited. I would like to say Thank you to Goosebot 5000 for a huge insperation on this project....

ben-reilly-e1312228873777.jpg
Being such a huge fan of the Clone Saga, and the Scarlet Spider I used this photo to help me on my way.....
Scarlett Spider feet.JPG
The soles that are attached are for Aqua Socks, I liked the fit and I wanted to protect my feet for all the walking and SPIDEY MOVES I have been working on.
Mask finished.JPG
Next is the mask. Now believe it or not this is not made form a pattern. I found a seamstress named Jennica Upchurch aka: Justagirl1986. After talking to her and seeing her work I pretty much pleaded with her to make me one. After a lot of trial and error I'm told this is the result. It doesnt have the cool molding that you see on other . suits, but the shape is perfect and the visibilty is very good. BONUS you can't see me through them
Hoodie completed..JPG
Next we have the Famous HOODIE!!! The color had to be right, not too light and not to dark. Once again Jennica is a wiz with the Airbrush, I freakin love it.....
Scarlett Spider Suit.JPG
Next we have the suit, now I didn't have the cash for a full print with brick pattern so the airbrush again came into play. I know you won't see the chest and all with the Hoddie on, but hey it makes me feel good just knowin its there....Bwahhhhh ha ha ha..
Scarlett Spider Red.JPG
A quick shot from the old I-Phone with the suit and the mask. I don't have a face sheild but with my bucket head I think it looks freakin AWESOME!!
Scarlett Spider RedBlue.JPG
OK here's the one with the full suit minus the web shooters, belt, and ankle pouches, so far I freakin love it....
6 to long.JPGWristbands 6.JPG4justright.JPGWristbands 4.JPG
Next on the list is my web shooters..... I used 5/8" wooden dowels for this. I got the idea from the RPF. I started by cutting them 6" in lenght and after sanding and shaping decieded that was just too big so I cut them down to 4" and think they look much better.
Wrist Bands finished.JPGWristbands top view.JPG
After they were sanded I drilled small holes in each one 1" from each end and then attached them all together with an elastic stretch band that I bought at Michaels. They fit perfect and I think they look very cool on the suit.
phone pouch.PNG
These are the ankle pouches that I am using, and I can put my wallet in one and my I-phone in the other so not only do they look good, they are functional. I got them off e-bay for $20 for the pair.
military belt.PNG
This is the belt I am using, since the ankle pouches are a coyote brown, I got a military style belt that is the same color. I like how wide it is and when I finish with the web cartrages I can atttach them through the eyelits with small wood screw so that way the will be secure. The buckle I am also making out of 1/4" thick balsa wood, its very easy to shape and sand and I can attach it to the buckle on this belt with a Velco or possibly glue. I'll let you know once I'm done.

Well that's it so far, I'll keep you updated, and if you have any helpful hints I'm all ears........

This is looking incredible!
How did you end up attaching the soles of the shoes? Since I'm planning on doing something similar to my costume.
But this is looking wicked, can't wait to see it finished.

This is looking incredible!
How did you end up attaching the soles of the shoes? Since I'm planning on doing something similar to my costume.
But this is looking wicked, can't wait to see it finished.

I used E6000, its a craft glue. Make sure you get the size of shoe thats comfortable and then cut it out so you just have the sole. Next I put on a thick pair of socks and then lined my feet with a trash bag. I put a generious amount of the craft glue on the soles and then just put my feet in the positioin I wanted and sood there and watched a movie. I'm still thinking about stitching the fabric to the rubber as well for a cleaner look, but once I have my thick socks on I think it looks good without doing it.
Thanks for the compliment, I know it's not as cool as some of the others on the sight but I'm pretty proud of what I have done so far.

I used E6000, its a craft glue. Make sure you get the size of shoe thats comfortable and then cut it out so you just have the sole. Next I put on a thick pair of socks and then lined my feet with a trash bag. I put a generious amount of the craft glue on the soles and then just put my feet in the positioin I wanted and sood there and watched a movie. I'm still thinking about stitching the fabric to the rubber as well for a cleaner look, but once I have my thick socks on I think it looks good without doing it.
Thanks for the compliment, I know it's not as cool as some of the others on the sight but I'm pretty proud of what I have done so far.

I shall have to go in search of this E6000. Hope they have it down here in Australia.
And personally man, I think it's wicked, honestly looks like you just leapt out of The Clone Saga.
Doesn't have to cost a lot of money to make to be good. And you should definitely be proud. I'm VERY jealous.

Looking great!!!

I love the airbrushed hoodie, and those eyes....! I've always loved this costume - this will definitely be the next Spidey costume I work on!

Nice idea for the pouches too. I'm jealous now :)

Looking great!!!

I love the airbrushed hoodie, and those eyes....! I've always loved this costume - this will definitely be the next Spidey costume I work on!

Nice idea for the pouches too. I'm jealous now :)

Thanks man, just trying things on a budget. I'll post the belt and buckle when I get them done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

subscribed.

Even with flush spidey eyes, this suit is the best I've ever seen.

GREAT work.

You guys are getting me more motivated than I could ever show. I'm so excited about this project. I'll post more as I get it done. Having fun with the belt and buckle now.

I shall have to go in search of this E6000. Hope they have it down here in Australia.
And personally man, I think it's wicked, honestly looks like you just leapt out of The Clone Saga.
Doesn't have to cost a lot of money to make to be good. And you should definitely be proud. I'm VERY jealous.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395183884.852107.jpg
Here's a pic of the glue as a reference for ya. Hope it helps.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395208962.931433.jpg
So now I'm working on my buckle here are some pics of my progressImageUploadedByTapatalk1395209015.408365.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1395209024.727950.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1395209037.743157.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1395209048.787152.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1395209058.893632.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1395209068.057006.jpg
So I've made my buckle out of 1/4" balsa wood because it's so easy to sand and very light weight. The spider and red circle are made out of an adhesive foam that I got from the craft store. The first red circle with the Spider in it was my first test. I'm going a bit bigger now SI the spider will have more POP!! After I paint the buckle and the rest of the web cartridges silver I'll attach them to the belt. Any thoughts on the size of the circle, bigger, smaller I'm still thinking it over.

Your belt is looking great! Are you working from a particular image of the costume, or just from memory? Just curious as I can't remember if his belt had a spider in the middle, or if it was just a red circle :)

Your belt is looking great! Are you working from a particular image of the costume, or just from memory? Just curious as I can't remember if his belt had a spider in the middle, or if it was just a red circle :)

It was just a red circle, but I have to put one piece of flair to make it me.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395273850.061616.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1395273861.120412.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1395273871.580131.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1395273880.880172.jpg
And it's DONE!!! I'm very pleases with it and it's extremely durable. What do ya think?

Looks awesome! Very polished. I think you made the right call adding the spider, too, it needed that extra flair.

Also— where did you get that shirt?? :D

Looks awesome! Very polished. I think you made the right call adding the spider, too, it needed that extra flair.

Also— where did you get that shirt?? :D
Thanks man!!
The shirt is a gift from my brother, he got it from Red Bubble, its a custom print shop on-line

Just a quick update on my suit for those of you who are following. I'm still in search of the small buckles to attach my ankle pouches. When I am done I will take photos of my completed suit. Only one week to go till Emerald City Comic Con and I couldn't be more excited. I got the email back for the costume contest and pre judging starts at 12:00 for the comic book category. I have see shoos many costumes that blow mine away, but for my 1st of hopefully many builds I'm pretty proud of myself. This thread will be pick heavy once the con is over. I can't wait to meet the people who have helped me along the way. Excelsior!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back