Scammer , recaster warning : latest alias Loganprops, recent alias Snikt Shop

But this isn't Nike. And he wasn't being paid to advertise, he was paid for a service and merchandise he supplied to them. If they continue to do business with him, I completely agree and would blacklist them as a personal choice, just as it's anybody's prerogative to not do business with BITS because of their involvement with Logan.

I guess I'm curious exactly what people expect BITS to do now, and more importantly, how that is going to get anyone here reimbursed by Jim Logan.

No one is expecting that BitS' involvement or non-involvement will get victims reimbursed.

At this point, it seems like the project had already commissioned "Jim" for several items before they became informed of his behavior. And while their statement was disappointing given the obvious evidence piled against him, I would understand if they chose to use the items they likely already paid for. Given their recent responses, I'm inclined to believe they are actually distancing themselves from him.

However, if they continue to hire him or promote his work moving forward as he continues to damage the community and keep customers' money, then that's wrong on a moral level. We spread the word about BitS' involvement with this character because it's a project that many people enjoy, and they're entitled to understand if the people behind it are encouraging someone who's happily stolen nearly $10,000 from fans. You have to understand that a number of individuals commissioned Logan because they'd seen his involvement with the project. It's something both parties had openly advertised in the past.

I agree that Winate will not be able to work on alot of his promised orders.
Unless his buds at CA ship the items to him (a lot of boxes, very expense, very doubtful)
Sorry, but i can not think anyone here would be surprised by Winate not follow through
on any of his promises. Actually, i tend to not believe anything he has to say until it has actually happen, ex. (100 orders, going back to CA, reality show, cat wrangler...).
BITS is a fan film production. I would think their budget is limited. And if the $ is already paid to Winate, then i can see their desire to use the props, not that i agree.
I do agree with Ilikecomicstoo that if they commission NEW works from Winate, then they are definiatly on the low ethics side.
My thoughts, if this does occur, is that any sponsors of BITS should be contacted to explain the issues of the Logan scandal.
And yes, i'm playing the "stop the $ coming in" card.

Yeah, he doesn't. The only WIP I ever saw when he was on the road was some rattle-can spray painting of some parts for his friend's costumes. And that was on a couple of saw horses in somebody's backyard, the day before (or possibly morning of) a show. He doesn't have the space or the funds, and now (by his own admission) he isn't going to work on old orders while he is in the middle of his new 'projects'.

As for BITS, yeah they work with several builders. If BITS has a current agreement with Logan to complete some work, it would be unprofessional of them to pull out of the agreement unless Logan has broken the terms of their contract. Same goes for how they respond to the public about his business practices or work in general; that would be just bad form to trash someone publicly you are still in a business agreement with, especially if you personally have not had any problems. Things may be surprisingly different in a short while anyways.

From what how it sounds BiTS order the stuff they did get from him long before the episodes even started filming and before all the MAJOR campaign about who he is and how he acts happened.

Actually, i tend to not believe anything he has to say until it has actually happen, ex. (100 orders, going back to CA, reality show, cat wrangler...)..

I peed a little at that one.

BITS is a fan film production. I would think their budget is limited. And if the $ is already paid to Winate, then i can see their desire to use the props, not that i agree.

Through his own admission, he won't refund. I can see their point, IF they have already paid for any items, by not wanting to burn the bridge until delivery of said items.

I do agree with Ilikecomicstoo that if they commission NEW works from Winate, then they are definiatly on the low ethics side.

Agreed.

My thoughts, if this does occur, is that any sponsors of BITS should be contacted to explain the issues of the Logan scandal.
And yes, i'm playing the "stop the $ coming in" card.

I seriously doubt that a major sponsor would care very much at a lowly prop maker and his business ethics, or lack thereof. BitS is a money maker with 772,760 subscribers and 83,370,462 views. I honestly think you would be peeing up a rope with with that endeavor.

BITS prob have paid him already for things. So My thoughts are like others, let them finish the current "deal" they have going. BITS has it's own issues, and they are technically a customer too. So, my issue would be after their current "deal" if they continue to use then yes, boycott, and such after that. Telling BITS to drop them would be making 101 people not getting their things. Then BITS would be out time, money and items, and then would have to pay someone else for it and cause major delay's in production. AND that alone would put a big hole in their budget, as anyone worked on a production can tell you.
@jango - Think a major sponsor would care if they deal with fans/customers that will be boycotting them as well due to them sponsoring someone dealing with unethical people. Professional sponsors will always deal with that situation when it comes up. Otherwise why would any big "name" company's drop people when something controversial comes up. So BITS sponsors will either stop funds or deal with getting egg on their face as well. Trust me they will save face every time. If not then they are usually as shady as the rest and don't care. Hence the reason for the OP. Keeping people in the loop of unethical behavior for when they do any research.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there's a big difference between BitS and large corporations like Nike. The large corporations often have an ethics clause written into a spokesperson's contract, so any behavior that violates the clause can be used to terminate the agreement. I doubt BitS has something similar with Logan.

However, I agree that continuing to conduct business with Logan is unethical.

I believe the best course of action is simply to continue creating awareness of Logan's scams and business practices. Let prospective clients make an informed decision.

Props to this lady. :thumbsup
I'm surprised that it hasn't been deleted by Winate.
But, its here for archive purposes.

zgSDG.jpg

When in doubt.
same02.jpg

Lie
same.jpg

#idontmakethings4paidcustomers

Last edited:
Props to this lady. :thumbsup
I'm surprised that it hasn't been deleted by Winate.
But, its here for archive purposes.

View attachment 407221

#idontmakethings4paidcustomers

D'awwww thanks for the props Racer. I usually ignore the people who still, for some crazy reason, show Winant any support on his pages. This person in particular, though, had 'Cosplay Newbie' in his Instagram profile and I didn't want him to get taken in by all the crap on Winant's feed. I figured 'cosplay newbie' would translate into 'easy pickings' for Winant. I don't know if he's left it up because someone told him it looks suspicious if there is only sycophantic adoration on his pages, or if he just forgot about it (it was past 11pm on the West Coast when I posted that), but I hope it at least discouraged the previous commentor from thinking about ever buying anything from this guy.

Anyhow - I DID finally receive my arm from Winant a couple weeks ago...that I purchased in May to use at SDCC. It came in a banged-up box, it was painted with the Winter Soldier star (even though all of our correspondence referred to it as a "Cable" arm), the glue job on the velcro was just pathetic - and honestly, it still seems a bit bulky for a female arm. Even if the arm was perfect I would never say it's worth the $150.00 I paid for it.

When I get some time this week I'll post more about all the interactions I had with Winant on here, but I can 100% for certain say now that if I hadn't emailed and posted about taking him to small claims court here in California, I would not have received my prop. I'll leave you with this gem from the first email he sent me after I notified PayPal about our transaction:

"I will be getting you the arm, not the refund. Pride issue, would not want to make any of your new friends right or anything. One of the many reasons why I am getting out of this work, artists get behind, people get behind, move, even have lives separate from work at food trucks, but it is unacceptable to most customers. I work more hours in the day than any of you people and it's still not enough....how dare I eat dinner!? I really don't care what you do with the RPF thing, if you really think posting on a random forum of haters is going to help the situation, well I don't know what that says about you. The RPF thread has only helped my business by sending more traffic my way, who do you think initiated that thread?"

Apparently my "new friends" are from the forum I've been a member of for three years now :rolleyes. The food truck comment is in reference to the fact that I asked how he had time to post every meal on Instagram, but apparently couldn't find a spare moment to answer emails. Then the not-so-subtle insult directed towards me for having the gall to post on this RPF thread. But my favorite part of this is how he takes credit for starting this thread! Apparently RacerMachX has been Winant/Logan all along! WE'VE ALL BEEN DUPED!! :facepalm :lol

How do we pass along a suggestion to the powers that be as to how they could devise a feedback/ratings system for commissions (not unlike eBay) allowing users to decide whether or not to direct their business to artists? It would help us avoid the Jim Logans of the prop-making world. I had my own headache/scam experience with Shane Brennen (samurai169).

http://www.therpf.com/f9/buyer-bewa...murai169-scammer-all-talk-no-delivery-229065/

A ratings system or score of some type would convey to the community at large whether or not someone is reputable, and I think this would be fair. If you do good work, people will rate it. If you are here to try to bilk hard working people out of their money, well, the ratings will reflect that too.

How do we pass along a suggestion to the powers that be as to how they could devise a feedback/ratings system for commissions (not unlike eBay) allowing users to decide whether or not to direct their business to artists? It would help us avoid the Jim Logans of the prop-making world. I had my own headache/scam experience with Shane Brennen (samurai169).

http://www.therpf.com/f9/buyer-bewa...murai169-scammer-all-talk-no-delivery-229065/

A ratings system or score of some type would convey to the community at large whether or not someone is reputable, and I think this would be fair. If you do good work, people will rate it. If you are here to try to bilk hard working people out of their money, well, the ratings will reflect that too.

There's already a rating system here at the rpf. Just click on a profile and go to feedback.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back