Sandman DS Follower/Tracker

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

PropReplicator2

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
8A9AF525-2246-461B-9B97-2B9D2ECB1BC2.jpeg
So as a small build to fill in some spare time this weekend I decided to start a DS follower from the Logan’s Run film. The plan is to scratchbuild it all, mold and cast, then add electronics to backlight the older fashioned display screen, with a sound file from a birthday card (on amazon).

I plan on having a model with the flashlight, and display screen lights attached to one push button, and the sound attached to the lower button. Maybe some snap-on backlight slides?

Using reference all found from the RPF and sources linked within it.. measurements are based off a wooden stunt without the electronics, and with buttons that looks like painted push-pins/thumbtacks.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

PropReplicator2

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Any ideas on the button types?? The images provided are of a TV series tracker (bottom half of the modified movie version) and a stunt. On the stunt it looks like painted push pins.
31767171_4 (1).jpg
LRFolTopView.jpg
aluminium-pins.jpg

BrianM

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Good call on those switches. That's what we used to use back in the day.
Just found this thread after acquiring a stunt Follower from the movie.

Believe it or not the buttons are wood.

Attachments

• Follower_0790.jpg
    Follower_0790.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 35

PropReplicator2

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Thanks for weighing in Brian! Cool to know the buttons are wood. Now I'll stop looking at antique thumb tacks lol!

Apollo

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Awesome catch Brian, Congrats!!

mercuryapollo

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This are the buttons I used on my build. Mine is a bit oversized compare to the stunt version, which I did not know at the time. I also used the 20 sec voice recorder, from old Radio Shack stockpile.

Attachments

• IMG_1137.JPG
    IMG_1137.JPG
    803.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1174.JPG
    IMG_1174.JPG
    784.4 KB · Views: 23