Salzo Battlestar Galactica half studio scale - 1 meter long

Nice build, nice case, nice tiny Vipers!!!!

That was the idea I had with the Vipers but to light the fiber from behind (LED inside the hanger). Awesome (yes...awesome) job!

:thumbsup

That looks fantastic. I know people around here hate this word, but I'll also add that it looks "awesome" as well! Love the 3rd from the last shot, the front 3/4 view.

Just truly amazing you did a amazing job Oliver, I am sure everyone would say the same as me,by the way the rest of your models look great also,by the way I really like your Cyclon 9th picture is that a model kit you did?

Clarence

Absolutely stunning work. Easily the best Galactica out there(apart from my own that is;)).
Did you fit it with rechargeable batteries as the only thing that spoils it for me is the power lead going into the upper hull, but the lights are on in shots where the lead is not connected?
As I said, stunning.

What can be said but great work Oliver, Great Art work I love it And I agree with Robiwon love that shot makes it look mean. Thanks.... Jim

- - - Updated - - -

Oh Now Take Your Bow you deserve it....... Thanks..... Jim

Thanks for the nice comments :)

Really beautiful!

Two minor points:

1) Could use some plastic strip on the front of the landing bays. See 2nd from last pic here:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=194215&page=20&p=3350129&viewfull=1#post3350129

2) A dash of red paint on the circle port between the 2nd and 3rd arms.
Sorry for being a 'rivet counter'. Truly a awesome build of an great kit!

Holy @#$*@, you are right ! I noticed these before starting to work on it and completely forget these during !
As I have to get back on for some weathering, I will modify these. Thanks :)

Just truly amazing you did a amazing job Oliver, I am sure everyone would say the same as me,by the way the rest of your models look great also,by the way I really like your Cyclon 9th picture is that a model kit you did?
Clarence

This is the Joyride toy.
I also built the Moebius Cylon Centurion : https://www.facebook.com/olcabour.h...22506680875.1073741853.100007994196410&type=1

Absolutely stunning work. Easily the best Galactica out there(apart from my own that is;)).
Did you fit it with rechargeable batteries as the only thing that spoils it for me is the power lead going into the upper hull, but the lights are on in shots where the lead is not connected?
As I said, stunning.

No rechargeable battery, I have the choice between 4 electrical inputs all over the ship : 1 hidden inside the bottom support, 1 hidden on top (under a dome), and 2 on the sides (hidden behind greeblies of the hangar trenches).
To install it on display, 4 hands are needed : 2 for the ship and 2 for the wires.
When working on it, I was alone, so I used the upper socket, as it was the easiest way ;)

I'm a bit of a rivet counter too. You'll never get it perfect at this scale but there are some obvious omissions in Mikes excellent model. Don't forget these:

IMG_3537.JPG

Ken

Last edited:
Oliver, After setting there in my shop building on the landing bays, I sat there thinking of all the thought it took getting all the bits to just make these landing bays even happen, I mean man super thought process you have Oliver just on all the little parts it even takes just to do your landing bays MY HATS OFF TO YOU DUDE you are a very talented in art. Ive worked on these bays now for a bit and just to see how everything lines up and the measurements ho scale ladders all of it I'm very impressed your BSG is one of the best Ive seen, no pun intended to other builders, everyone on here is doing super work on there builds, it just takes that super mind to go all the way and do this with the landing bays is really something, I my self now knows just the work involved on this part of your build. Been there doing it. Thanks Oliver for your super workmanship Now Take Your Bow Thanks.........Jim

Thanks a lot Jim :)
Yes, making the landing bays needed lots of dry fitting tests during assembly
Good luck with yours

I did not yet made the last modifications to the Galactica, as I have now started another big project : the randy cooper stardestroyer.
Like the Galactica, it will need few weeks to clean (bubbles...) and prepare all the parts before any assembly :wacko

Sounds Cool, cant wait to see the build on this project. Yep I'm at the point of putting the 3mm led lights in this part of the build, but man again here I go this all has to come out right which it all has to get the 3mm led to fit on top right. This is where your craftsmanship helped me alot Thanks Oliver , my landing bays now are on the mark........Thanks... Jim

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back