saber showoff

DarthJRW

looky wut i made :)

it was mostly made of hardware parts, Some of it was from my saber parts box B) although its not quite finished im very proud of it cosidering it only took me 5 hrs i am hoping to weather it a little i know the pics arent great and i will post some better ones later

wut do you guys think????

the emitter and all the neck parts are scratch built made out of copper and aluminum tubing, the grenade is a resin copy i bought a few years back, and the activation box is from a ani toy saber, the "clamp" is 1/2 aluminum tubing and the pommel is from a a luke ROTJ FX saber so i guess its mostly a scratchbuild project

yes but i will be weighing it down once i find a good way to fix the grenade to the clamp. but it was made for costuming with so i wont get weight down with a heavy replica

<div class='quotetop'>(DarthJRW @ Jul 10 2006, 05:18 PM) [snapback]1277999[/snapback]</div>
yes but i will be weighing it down once i find a good way to fix the grenade to the clamp. but it was made for costuming with so i wont get weight down with a heavy replica
[/b]

Nice saber. :D

DANG. That one blows my COMPLETELY hardware Obi style saber out of the water. At least mine's made entirely from NON lightsaber parts :love . Just like they did for the OT. Just a question, how did you assemble that emmiter? My sabers emmiter is an inch or so off the flanged end of a sink tailpipe with a large fender washer (I'll widen the hole later) on top.

<div class='quotetop'>(Duck9000 @ Jul 10 2006, 07:54 PM) [snapback]1278261[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(DarthJRW @ Jul 10 2006, 05:18 PM) [snapback]1277999[/snapback]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Nice saber. :thumbsup
Becuase of you hardware saber guys, I always forget something when I go to a hardware store. :p
I just keep looking at the stuff, thinking about what part of a lightsaber it could become. :wacko

<div class='quotetop'>(Darth_Pain @ Jul 10 2006, 07:28 PM) [snapback]1278282[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Duck9000 @ Jul 10 2006, 07:54 PM) [snapback]1278261[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>(DarthJRW @ Jul 10 2006, 05:18 PM) [snapback]1277999[/snapback]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Nice saber. :thumbsup
Becuase of you hardware saber guys, I always forget something when I go to a hardware store. :p
I just keep looking at the stuff, thinking about what part of a lightsaber it could become. :wacko
[/b][/quote]

That is SO me. I always go to Lowes, Home Depot and other hardware stores with my dad and granddad just so I can scrounge around looking for parts that would make good lightsabers. I do tick them off when I stay in those aisles longer than I said I would :D .

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back