SAAB

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by 101radioman, Jun 20, 2006.

1. 101radioman

101radioman Well-Known Member

Anyone done or have any Space Above and Beyond props?

Just got back into that show and my son loves it.

2. 101radioman

3. JP05

JP05 Well-Known Member

Propstore of London has a few. A few costuming groups did some stuff a few years back. Hangar18 did a few costumes...marines and AI's. They came out nice. It was one of my favorite group projects. Hell we even did medpacks and food packs with screen accurate graphics :)
    Every now and then some stuff pops up on Ebay....usually background stuff.....but Propstore has some nice pieces for sale.

Steve

4. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Try doing a search as I think this was discussed a few months back.

Welcome aboard 101RadioMan.

5. docholl

docholl Well-Known Member

6. Bug Stomper

Bug Stomper Well-Known Member

I have a replica rifle and I'm currently building an M70 out of an airsoft and real steel parts:

[​IMG]

Cheers,
    Stefan

7. Eyes Only

Eyes Only Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I've got a rifle, looking for parts for a pistol to do one of those.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More props on my website

8. LordVdr

LordVdr Well-Known Member

I have a full marine suit with helmet, backpack, etc., the rifle, the pistol, some grenades, etc. My Holy Grail of SAAB props is a screen used Chig outfit, head to toe, but missing one of the gloves. As soon as I can find the glove, it'll be up on a mannequin.

One board member has the ambassador Chig outfit from one of the final episodes, with the red trimming on the suit. Maybe he'll chime in.

9. eaviii

eaviii Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

More quick shots, but a screen used Chig suit and gun (wall mount top right) and the marine pack and flight helm (fan made)-

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Doc

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2007
  10. firstmark

firstmark Well-Known Member

From the show I have a screen used Chig rifle, screen used marine rifle, and screen used marine pistol, and what appears to be a backup chig boot.
    Other weapons used include the Marine grenade, Marine Smart grenade, Chig knife, Chig flamethrower, and Chig pistol (pilot episode) I think.
    I haven't ever seen a chig knife wonder where they are.

11. saintg

saintg Well-Known Member

I own a few pieces myself. The X-1 diner menu, signs from the MacArthur, a large sign from the invetro plant, hero marine grenade, hero Chig grenade, Chig baby, various marine medal bars, screen shown Saratoga coffee cup, a security badge from the invetro plant, just about every patch used on the show framed, a working flight helmet w/lights, and my Holy Grail from the show a screen used marine teddy bear. :p
    George :D

12. Master Propmaker

Master Propmaker New Member

That is a VERY nice pistol, but it appears that something is missing. I will have to drag out my old photos, and I will let you know.

13. saintg

saintg Well-Known Member

Just the foreward shroud. Otherwise the pistol looks awesome..
    George :D

14. Porkchop

Porkchop New Member

Wow, there is a blast from the past.
    I think there was only one maker of the M590. I would be interested in who that was. You see, I have one rifle myself but the box it is is in is unmarked and I must have bought it in 1997 or so when I first got into this stuff.
    Perhaps there is someone out there who might have some info.

I love the M70 project. Great job. I have one also with a Tokyo Marui Glock 17 at the core. But all the add-ons are resin.
    If it's permitted to ask, how did you identify the parts?

15. 101radioman

Am I seeing things or is part of that rifle the receiver off a M1 Garrand?

16. Krel

Krel Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(101RadioMan @ Jun 29 2006, 06:58 PM) [snapback]1271078[/snapback]</div>
    From what I have been told and have read, there is suppose to be a Ruger Mini-14 in the shell. The screen on top of the rifle is an after market liquid crystal display screen for a camcorder. My dad bought one for his back in the 80s. I think that it was also used on the rifles in the movie "Automatic".

David.

17. earthangel

earthangel New Member

I got the pilot helmet, OVA helmet, pack, rifle, pistol, grenades, scanner, lamp, and some paper props.

I love the show. Got the DVDs.

18. Bug Stomper

@ Porkchop:
    I identified most of the parts by internet search. The scope was a little harder to identify, but I had some help from this board :)

@ Krel:
    Do you know the brand/type of the LCD-Monitor? I'd like to replace mine with the real deal, but I haven't found it - yet.

Cheers,
    Stefan

19. Servo

Servo Well-Known Member

20. Krel

Krel Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Bug Stomper @ Jul 1 2006, 03:51 AM) [snapback]1271998[/snapback]</div>
    I'll check with my Dad to see if he still has it, may take a few days though.

David.

21. Bug Stomper

Sounds good.

Thanks,
    Stefan

22. saintg

saintg Well-Known Member

23. Bug Stomper

Hi David.
    Did you have the time to check on the viewer?

Cheers,
    Stefan

24. Rook 3

Rook 3 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Resuming my habit of ressurecting dead topics from the grave... :D

Has anyone IDed what make/model the fighter pilot chest armor is?
    I understant it was motorcross armor, possibly made by Thor. Anyone
    have any additional information?

@Bug Stomper: Is that a springer, or gas gun? Very nice.
    Do you have any kind of list of parts used in making it?

Russ

25. robstyle

robstyle Sr Member

incase anyone was interested, the SAAB pistol made it into both Firefly and Serenity.

26. Reaper57

Reaper57 Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bug Stomper @ Jun 23 2006, 01:37 AM) [snapback]1266460[/snapback]</div>
    just to let you know you aint crazy here is my real firing Glock G22 40 cal with parts . :D
    working on a shroud now. :)

i call her the M70 Compact model.

john :cool

27. Rook 3

That looks pretty slick. Where's you score the laser unit? The company no longer makes that model (well, it IS 10 years old now...) and no searches I've made have turned up anything.

Does anyone make solid or hollow resin castings of the laser unit?

Can you give any additional details about what you added/modded/etc. to get it to this point?

Russ

28. Thermalized Plastics

Thermalized Plastics Well-Known Member

What are you looking for? Helmet,Rifle,... maybe a backpack? Let me know.

Thermal

29. Reaper57

Reaper57 Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rook 3 @ Feb 6 2007, 09:34 PM) [snapback]1413511[/snapback]</div>
    for mine i have an extended barrell with the m-16 flash surpressor drilled out and held by an allen screw.

i got the laser and sight on Ebay.

laser is a ba-2 by Laser Devices of course.

the scope mount bracket is avaliable still for around $30

the sight is an Aimpoint Mark V, i do have an extra Mark V i might get rid of. :angel

i have a resin front cover that i am going to use to make a metal one.

funny thing is i got the Ba-2 for around $50 and it was new in the box, on the box was the original price tag, it was $450. :lol

john :cool

30. Rook 3

Yeah, I've looked at the current BA-2 (only available for the baby Eagle pistol) and the price is insane.

If that spare Aimpoint scope should _happen_ to decide it wants to leave home, let me know. ;)

Where are you finding the mount bracket for $30? All the ones I've seen have been upwards of $65-$80. :(

Feel free to PM me if you like.

On the front shroud, did you make that yourself or customise something available?

Nice job by the way.

Russ

31. FXGuy

FXGuy New Member

Thermal, where've you been all my life!

I have a very bad habit of reanimating dead threads- and the ones for S:AAB are my worst offense, I must agree... :redface

I've jotted you a note: Personally, I'm looking for a helmet and the backpack to go with it- let me know the financial "damage" either here or e-mail [or pm] me I just loved the look of this particular costume/prop piece! :love

32. FXGuy

FXGuy New Member

Simply a non-intrusive bump in the hopes Thermal caught this [not sure if my e-mail made it to him...]- no ill intent meant!

33. GoldCylon1

GoldCylon1 Well-Known Member

I picked up a Hammerhead cockpit a few months ago, looking for a flight helmet.
    [​IMG]