SAAB

Propstore of London has a few. A few costuming groups did some stuff a few years back. Hangar18 did a few costumes...marines and AI's. They came out nice. It was one of my favorite group projects. Hell we even did medpacks and food packs with screen accurate graphics :)
Every now and then some stuff pops up on Ebay....usually background stuff.....but Propstore has some nice pieces for sale.

Steve

Try doing a search as I think this was discussed a few months back.

Welcome aboard 101RadioMan.

I have a replica rifle and I'm currently building an M70 out of an airsoft and real steel parts:

MyM70s.jpg

Cheers,
Stefan

I have a full marine suit with helmet, backpack, etc., the rifle, the pistol, some grenades, etc. My Holy Grail of SAAB props is a screen used Chig outfit, head to toe, but missing one of the gloves. As soon as I can find the glove, it'll be up on a mannequin.

One board member has the ambassador Chig outfit from one of the final episodes, with the red trimming on the suit. Maybe he'll chime in.

More quick shots, but a screen used Chig suit and gun (wall mount top right) and the marine pack and flight helm (fan made)-

saab%20props.JPG

IMG_0225.JPG

Doc

Last edited by a moderator:
From the show I have a screen used Chig rifle, screen used marine rifle, and screen used marine pistol, and what appears to be a backup chig boot.
Other weapons used include the Marine grenade, Marine Smart grenade, Chig knife, Chig flamethrower, and Chig pistol (pilot episode) I think.
I haven't ever seen a chig knife wonder where they are.

I own a few pieces myself. The X-1 diner menu, signs from the MacArthur, a large sign from the invetro plant, hero marine grenade, hero Chig grenade, Chig baby, various marine medal bars, screen shown Saratoga coffee cup, a security badge from the invetro plant, just about every patch used on the show framed, a working flight helmet w/lights, and my Holy Grail from the show a screen used marine teddy bear. :p
George :D

Wow, there is a blast from the past.
I think there was only one maker of the M590. I would be interested in who that was. You see, I have one rifle myself but the box it is is in is unmarked and I must have bought it in 1997 or so when I first got into this stuff.
Perhaps there is someone out there who might have some info.

I love the M70 project. Great job. I have one also with a Tokyo Marui Glock 17 at the core. But all the add-ons are resin.
If it's permitted to ask, how did you identify the parts?

<div class='quotetop'>(101RadioMan @ Jun 29 2006, 06:58 PM) [snapback]1271078[/snapback]</div>
Am I seeing things or is part of that rifle the receiver off a M1 Garrand?
[/b]

From what I have been told and have read, there is suppose to be a Ruger Mini-14 in the shell. The screen on top of the rifle is an after market liquid crystal display screen for a camcorder. My dad bought one for his back in the 80s. I think that it was also used on the rifles in the movie "Automatic".

David.

@ Porkchop:
I identified most of the parts by internet search. The scope was a little harder to identify, but I had some help from this board :)

@ Krel:
Do you know the brand/type of the LCD-Monitor? I'd like to replace mine with the real deal, but I haven't found it - yet.

Cheers,
Stefan

<div class='quotetop'>(Bug Stomper @ Jul 1 2006, 03:51 AM) [snapback]1271998[/snapback]</div>
@ Porkchop:

@ Krel:
Do you know the brand/type of the LCD-Monitor? I'd like to replace mine with the real deal, but I haven't found it - yet.

Cheers,
Stefan
[/b]

I'll check with my Dad to see if he still has it, may take a few days though.

David.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back