Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

Questions for those of you with the Soul Revolver coat:
How is the fit? If you had to get it tailored, could you?
Is the liner black? It almost looks green in the pictures.
Has anyone tried to dye the fur to give it that matted, dirty look?

Keep an eye out for the Avery sweaters from Rag & Bone on eBay. They pop up from time to time and aren't too expensive, usually. I keep a saved search for "Rag Bone Standard Issue."

Questions for those of you with the Soul Revolver coat:
How is the fit? If you had to get it tailored, could you?
Is the liner black? It almost looks green in the pictures.
Has anyone tried to dye the fur to give it that matted, dirty look?
I have the SR 2049 alternative waist jacket.
The fit is slim and tailored. You submit your order then they follow up to make sure the size will fit based on measurements you send them.
I think if you got it big it could be taken in. not sure it could be let out.
The liner is not black- it is a brownish green.
The cotton has a sheen on it and the look is IMO very screen accurate.

hope his helps

I have the SR 2049 alternative waist jacket.
The fit is slim and tailored. You submit your order then they follow up to make sure the size will fit based on measurements you send them.
I think if you got it big it could be taken in. not sure it could be let out.
The liner is not black- it is a brownish green.
The cotton has a sheen on it and the look is IMO very screen accurate.

hope his helps
That does help, thanks. I share the same concerns as most on here in that the collar is not close to screen accurate. The sheen looks great though. I thought the liner was black on screen. I'll have to watch it again.

Has anyone heard much out of Soul Revolver lately? I sent them a couple of message over the last month and a half but have had no reply. They've been pretty quiet on Instagram too. I'm still keen on getting one of their jackets but want to ask them a couple of questions first.

Has anyone heard much out of Soul Revolver lately? I sent them a couple of message over the last month and a half but have had no reply. They've been pretty quiet on Instagram too. I'm still keen on getting one of their jackets but want to ask them a couple of questions first.
I ordered mine mid November and after I confirmed my sizing it shipped 14 days later . communication was good and timely at that time.
I had a couple up front question too that took a few days to get a response on but once the order was submitted the communication was fast tracked for sure

I ordered mine mid November and after I confirmed my sizing it shipped 14 days later . communication was good and timely at that time.
I had a couple up front question too that took a few days to get a response on but once the order was submitted the communication was fast tracked for sure
Him, gone a bit quiet since then. I'll try again, thanks

I got the email about sizing 17 days ago and have received no response from them at all since then. I tried to verify that they received my measurements from the email, 14 days after purchase as my order status hadn't changed (still hasn't) but they are unresponsive. I'm hoping they are just busy.

I got the email about sizing 17 days ago and have received no response from them at all since then. I tried to verify that they received my measurements from the email, 14 days after purchase as my order status hadn't changed (still hasn't) but they are unresponsive. I'm hoping they are just busy.
I got a reply to an Instagram query that asked me to email them. I’ve now emailed a few times with no reply.

OFFICER K COAT - HEAVILY MODIFIED/CUSTOMIZED WSL **UPDATE**

I just wanted to drop a quick post about how my heavily altered/customized Officer K coat has held up for its first season. All in all, really well. The custom Sherpa shearling is pretty sturdy although it does get slightly matted in the hidden areas that brush up against the chest and neck. Suffice to say, WSL makes a very well-crafted, hefty coat and the Barbour wax really gives it a terrific sheen and rugged character. That said, and as you can probably see in the photos, the customized, larger SA collar makes all the difference. If you’re going to go for WSL, send them the right specs because their default collar is way off (as is with Magnoli’s, Zlurpo and Soul Revolver). Anyway, some exterior selfies. I apologize in advance for the quality.

All the best!

02.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg
IMG_20210503_210456.jpg

Last edited:
This looks amazing. Can I ask where you purchased the shearling material from please?
Hello! Thanks!

Shearling:
"Ultra-soft Sherpa Fleece Lamb"
Brand: Golden Rabbit.
Color: Camel

More info on collar shearling, collar measurment specs here:

Feel free to drop a line you have any other quesitons.

OFFICER K COAT - HEAVILY MODIFIED/CUSTOMIZED WSL **UPDATE**

I just wanted to drop a quick post about how my heavily altered/customized Officer K coat has held up for its first season. All in all, really well. The custom Sherpa shearling is pretty sturdy although it does get slightly matted in the hidden areas that brush up against the chest and neck. Suffice to say, WSL makes a very well-crafted, hefty coat and the Barbour wax really gives it a terrific sheen and rugged character. That said, and as you can probably see in the photos, the customized, larger SA collar makes all the difference. If you’re going to go for WSL, send them the right specs because their default collar is way off (as is Magnoli’s, incidentally, among many other things). Anyway, some exterior selfies. I apologize in advance for the quality.

All the best!

View attachment 1454326View attachment 1454328View attachment 1454329View attachment 1454330
Your WSL coat looks amazing. What were the collar specs? What is off about Magnoli's? Always thought his version looked really good

Your WSL coat looks amazing. What were the collar specs? What is off about Magnoli's? Always thought his version looked really good
Hi! Thanks!

I discuss the collar specs in the link in my previous post or you can go back to page 63 of this thread and you'll see it there.
Regarding what's wrong with Magnoli? Let's dive in:
  • Magnoli has incorrect collar placing. The movie coat's collar is also independent from the lapel. Magnoli erroneously connects them which and, worse yet, also extends the collar downwards when it should be much higher, resting almost flush against the side of the neck (and thus making it non-floppy).
  • Magnoli's lapels are tiny compared to the film coat.
  • Magonli's shearing is incorrect. The movie coat is a Sherpa variety with a distinctive drape and length.
  • Mangnoli's shoulder panel is far too big and angular compared to the movie coat.
  • Magnoli lacks any padding in the shoulder panels. The movie coat has padded shoulder panels.
  • Magnoli has added a central seam/stitching running across the top of the shoulder panel. The film coat is one piece.
  • Magnoli collar is too small. Film coat's is distinctively larger.

Magnoli.JPG

Magnoli2.JPG

Last edited:
Hi! Thanks!

I discuss the collar specs in the link in my previous post or you can go back to page 63 of this thread and you'll see it there.
Regarding what's wrong with Magnoli? Let's dive in:
  • Magnoli has incorrect collar placing. The movie coat's collar is also independent from the lapel. Magnoli erroneously connects them which and, worse yet, also extends the collar downwards when it should be much higher, resting almost flush against the side of the neck (and thus making it non-floppy).
  • Magnoli's lapels are tiny compared to the film coat.
  • Magonli's shearing is incorrect. The movie coat is a Sherpa variety with a distinctive drape and length.
  • Mangnoli's shoulder panel is far too big and angular compared to the movie coat.
  • Magnoli lacks any padding in the shoulder panels. The movie coat has padded shoulder panels.
  • Magnoli has added a central seam/stitching running across the top of the shoulder panel. The film coat is one piece.
  • Magnoli collar is too small. Film coat's is distinctively larger.

View attachment 1454757
View attachment 1454758
Wow, thanks for pointing those out. So which coat would you say is the most accurate? The WSL with the mods?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back