Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

I finally but the bullet and purchased the Soul Revolver coat, and I have to say it is fantastic.

A few differences I noticed:
The collar is higher and the lapels are wider. The rounded shoulder detail is slightly more accurate than Magnoli. The printing on the back is darker. The cotton is a shinier waxed cotton. The quilting covers the entire interior. It only has two magnets total and the three stitches that hold the left-side collar to the lapel is replaced with what looks like a piece of fabric sown in, bridging the two parts.

Thanks for the post. Could you please post some pics when you get a chance? It hard to find any photos of a SR coat on the net other than the ones on their website.

Thanks for the post. Could you please post some pics when you get a chance? It hard to find any photos of a SR coat on the net other than the ones on their website.
No problem, I was finding the same problem.
You see there is a vertical zip pocket on the left,then a low inner pocket on the right side.
The elbow patch is higher up than my Magnoli, so it’s actually at the elbow.
You see the only magnets are in the collar. There are two at the top that can’t reach when I wear it, and one to keep the right collar held together in the upright position.
Also you can see the strip of fabric on the lapel that replaces the three stitches that hold the left lapel and collar together on the Magnoli replica. This is one of the few inaccuracies on the SR coat.

If there is anything specific you want to see, let me know and I can take more pics!

Attachments

• C3D540DA-1CCA-4440-9B1F-912E63BA9E9B.jpeg
    C3D540DA-1CCA-4440-9B1F-912E63BA9E9B.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 1,162
  • 7D96BCE9-D127-4A0C-BA57-237A0741728D.jpeg
    7D96BCE9-D127-4A0C-BA57-237A0741728D.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 1,104
  • 9FCFD6AB-A632-4532-B475-3B241EE38EFB.jpeg
    9FCFD6AB-A632-4532-B475-3B241EE38EFB.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 818
  • EA29026E-1D35-46BD-8187-501213D932A4.jpeg
    EA29026E-1D35-46BD-8187-501213D932A4.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 823
  • EB420ED5-1D4F-4F99-9C25-A9A2FF92FDF1.jpeg
    EB420ED5-1D4F-4F99-9C25-A9A2FF92FDF1.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 836
  • 785739D3-A369-4C1A-B09E-86FAE627AA8B.jpeg
    785739D3-A369-4C1A-B09E-86FAE627AA8B.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 837
  • 9FF30786-9AAB-486B-B0B8-F85E9A2E46E9.jpeg
    9FF30786-9AAB-486B-B0B8-F85E9A2E46E9.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 822
  • 581DD95E-7BCF-4701-936B-F6A5D7F1F2A4.jpeg
    581DD95E-7BCF-4701-936B-F6A5D7F1F2A4.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 1,178
No problem, I was finding the same problem.
You see there is a vertical zip pocket on the left,then a low inner pocket on the right side.
The elbow patch is higher up than my Magnoli, so it’s actually at the elbow.
You see the only magnets are in the collar. There are two at the top that can’t reach when I wear it, and one to keep the right collar held together in the upright position.
Also you can see the strip of fabric on the lapel that replaces the three stitches that hold the left lapel and collar together on the Magnoli replica. This is one of the few inaccuracies on the SR coat.

If there is anything specific you want to see, let me know and I can take more pics!
Nice!! Very impressed with the fabric finish and color. Pretty spot on. That said, I think the shearling is off IMO, as is the case with most coats out there. Photos of the original movie coat prop clearly show that the shearling as a distinct length and drape to it. In other words, it shouldn't stand on-end like carpet. Other than that, to my eyes, it's certainly the best available version of the coat. Is there any way you could post some more photos of you wearing the jacket?

Last edited:
OFFICER K COAT - **HEAVILY MODIFIED/CUSTOMIZED WSL VERSION 3.0**

Hi everyone!

About six months ago I posted about a slightly modified WSL (White Sheep Leather) Officer K coat. Essentially, I had the collar re-positioned, trimmed the faux fur, added some snap buttons and waxed it with Babour wax. All in all, I got it looking pretty decent. (please see that post for photos)

That said, I still wasn’t satisfied.

The biggest problem areas for me were the A) the collar design/dimensions and B) the shearling material. Every retailer I’ve seen on here either gets these two key aspects wrong, or really wrong.

1. The Officer K 1/6 doll blueprint: What really inspired me to take the next step was the 1:6 figurine of Officer K. I was simply blow away by the quality, craftsmanship and especially the details regarding the coat itself. So, I figured, hey, why not just measure its collar dimensions and simply scale it up? So I just multiplied those numbers by six and, there you go, the 1:1 measurements.

Doll.JPG

2. The custom collar: Next, I contacted WSL and asked them if they could make me a separate collar with the exact specs and measurements that I would provide. They agreed. This is what I sent them:

custom collar.JPG

What's the difference between the old WSL collar and this one? The screen accurate collar is significantly wider and longer. (That's what she said). Crucially, as seen above, the dimensions of the bottom and top of the collar should be different and have a curved taper. This is key when it comes to wrapping it around your face. It also gives it that wider, SA 'funnel' appearance, i.e. not too snug where it ends up 'smush' up against your face (as many of us have complained in the past). In any event, the collar arrived and I had a tailor replace it.

3. The (correct) shearling: Another big problem with the available coats out there is that the sourced shearling is way off. Some providers, like WSL, offer faux fur, which is totally inaccurate. There’s a difference between fur and shearling in terms of texture. (i.e. Fur makes the coat look like something out of Game of Thrones). Then there are providers that do offer faux shearling but it’s either the wrong color, or nearly in every case, the wrong texture altogether (either too short, too curly, too dense etc)

As is very clear in the film prop display photo below, the shearling on K’s coat has a distinctive drape to it. In other words, it should not be so short as to simply stand on-end, like carpet (i.e Soul Revolver, Magnoli and others). The key, I think, is sourcing a ‘sherpa’-type shearling. I found one sold as “camel” in color on AliExpress. (I believe it’s this same -or very similar- cheap faux shearling that costume designer April Renee was boasting about what a bargain she got: 2 dollars/yard).

Also important is weathering the shearling. I've seen a few posts about dyeing the shearling, but I think the trick is getting the right base color (Camel) and, as someone mentioned in this thread, the production team used used black shoe polish. I used this method, applying somewhat diluted black shoe polish with a thin brush. Quite painstaking and time-consuming, but worth it. I will probably keep adding more as time goes by to weather it even more.

AliExpress.JPG
Prop coat.JPG

I had a tailor replace the incorrect WSL fur for this more accurate shearling.

1621005965504.png

1621265694462.png

4. Magnets: As with the movie coat, I had a tailor add magnets down the side of the coat for when it needs closes all the way, double breasted.

5. Pockets: WSL makes tiny exterior side pockets so I had the tailor enlarge them.

Anyway, on to the the potos. **I apologize in advance for the lighting and the quality! As you can see, sometimes it can look very dark, matte in texture, in others shots you can really see the wax sheen coming through.**

I can post the collar measurements in a different thread in case anyone is interested.

Cheers!

Capture1.JPG

1620989380579.png

1621002229151.png

1637335435118.png

1637335918832.png

1621002107064.png

1637593165802.png

Capture5.JPG

As can be seen here, the closed collar has that SA, wide, funnel shaped appearance that's not too snug.

1621002480111.png

1621002419443.png

Attachments

• Magnets.JPG
    Magnets.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 2,320
  • Capture8.JPG
    Capture8.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 1,636
  • 1621002053484.png
    1621002053484.png
    1 MB · Views: 738
  • 1621002079925.png
    1621002079925.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 808
  • 1621002308447.png
    1621002308447.png
    980.2 KB · Views: 702
  • 1637335328916.png
    1637335328916.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 291
Last edited:
Nice pics! Yeah, unfortunately I can’t easily get pics of me wearing mine, but the collar does not close completely over my face, another detractor. I might have magnets added eventually, though.

Hi guys,

In case any of you are interested, here's info regaring the shearling retailer as well as the screen accurate collar measurements and specs.

Shearling:
"Ultra-soft Sherpa Fleece Lamb"
Brand: Golden Rabbit.
Color: Camel

Custom collar measurments and specifications:

Note: you'll see I state, "material: fur you currently offer." I did this just so WSL inluded some sort of fur. Their fur should obviously be replaced with the more accurate sherpa fleece/shearling specified above.

Important also: the placement of WSL's collar is incorrect. The left end of the collar (as you're facing the coat) must be sitched further back, closer to the shoulder panel seam. (see my post from six months ago aprox with the photos to see what I mean).

Measurements1.JPG

Measurements2.JPG

Measurements3.JPG

Measurements4.JPG

Ahoy there everyone!

This is my first post! I hope all of you are doing well coping with the Covid19 shutdowns. We’ll get through this, hang in there!

**MODIFIED WHITE SHEEP LEATHER OFFICER K COAT**

I’ve been following this thread for a few months when I decided to purchase and Officer K coat. Eventually I did, from White Sheep Leather.

I’ve done several modifications to the coat itself and I wanted to share it with all of you.

First off, I’d just like to say that WSL is offering a top-notch coat in terms of quality and craftmanship. It’s hefty, folks. Some real weight to it. The cut, patterns the padding on the shoulders, etc. are also very close to being SA. On the downside, I’d say the faux shearling their sourcing looks more like faux fur. Also on the negative side, is the collar’s positioning. As is, it extends too far on the shorter side and it’s prone to drooping. One of the characteristic things about K's film coat is how that collar is short and upright. Finally, when extended, the collar doesn’t wrap around the head as it should. It’s still a tad tight.

Anyway, on to the modifications:

-Repositioning of the collar: I had a tailor move/shift the collar around 2 inches (5 cm) to the right (when facing the coat). This, to me, is one of the most important things an Officer K coat must get right. The result? That characteristic, shorter upright collar just to the side of the face. Spot on.

-I had a tailor add 4 hidden snaps. This makes the coat far more practical to wear whenever.

-I used some hair clippers to “shave” the faux fur (it was way too shaggy, it looked like wolf fur from Game of Thrones or something). Ultimately, I shaved it down to 1/4 inch (6mm). There are pros and cons to this. Pros: the shearling length is now more SA. Cons: It shaved off the lighter parts and the overall look is a bit too dark now. (That said, if I ever com across some shearling that looks good, I can replace altogether).

-I waxed the coat myself using Barbour wax. This was kind of a pain in the ass to do, but it really gives the coat character and that nice sheen.

Anyway, let me know your thoughts!

All the best,
Sebastian
View attachment 1277292
View attachment 1277293

View attachment 1277291

View attachment 1277294

View attachment 1277295
View attachment 1277297

View attachment 1277298

View attachment 1277299

View attachment 1277300

View attachment 1277301
Nice work.
Glad to see the results as I just picked up one of these second hand and my first plan was to trim the fur and wax it.
I think the results are pretty good and I'd be satisfied considering the price I paid for it.

Cheers
Steve

Does anyone have a good method for stretching the collars of their sweaters like in the movie? Also, I have a charcoal Theory Aster in size XL, if anyone has a Large they’d like to trade let me know. I know it’s a long shot, just putting it out there!

Finally received my Soul revolver 2049 coat. First instant impressions, was the weight & the quality. Compared it to my White Sheep leather version, this is by far superior and just feels like a well made, heavy duty, coat.

i read above this thread the attached collar and lapel is inaccurate. Should this be normalyl separated? The WSL utilizes magnets, so wasn't sure.

Either way, this thing will def age nicely and look so good once it's worn in some.

OFFICER K COAT - **HEAVILY MODIFIED/CUSTOMIZED WSL VERSION 3.0**

Hi everyone!

About six months ago I posted about a slightly modified WSL (White Sheep Leather) Officer K coat. Essentially, I had the collar repositioned, trimmed the faux fur, added some snap buttons and waxed it with Babour wax. All in all, I got it looking pretty decent. (please see that post for photos)

That said, I still wasn’t satisfied.

The biggest problem areas for me were the A) the collar design/dimensions and B) the shearling material. Every retailer I’ve seen on here either gets these two key aspects wrong, or really wrong.

1. The Officer K 1/6 doll blueprint: What really inspired me to take the next step was the 1:6 figurine of Officer K. I was simply blow away by the quality, craftmanship and especially the details regarding the coat itself. So, I figured, hey, why not just measure its collar dimensions and simply scale it up? So I just multiplied those numbers by six and, there you go, the 1:1 measurements.

View attachment 1355679

2. The custom collar: Next, I contacted WSL and asked them if they could make me a separate collar with the exact specs and measurements that I would provide. They agreed. This is what I sent them:

View attachment 1355683
What's the difference between the old WSL collar and this one? The screen accurate collar is significantly wider and longer. Crucially, as seen above, the dimensions of the bottom and top of the collar should be different and have a curved taper. This is key when it comes to wrapping it around your face. It also gives it that wider, SA 'funnel' appearance, i.e. not too snug where it ends up 'smush' up against your face (as many of us have complained in the past). In any event, the collar arrived and I had a tailor replace it.

3. The (correct) shearling: Another big problem with the available coats out there is that the sourced shearling is way off. Some providers, like WSL, offer faux fur, which is totally inaccurate. There’s a difference between fur and shearling in terms of texture. (i.e. Fur makes the coat look like something out of Game of Thrones). Then there are providers that do offer faux shearling but it’s either the wrong color, or nearly in every case, the wrong texture altogether (either too short, too curly, too dense etc)

As is very clear in the film prop display photo below, the shearling on K’s coat has a distinctive drape to it. In other words, it should not be so short as to simply stand on-end, like carpet (i.e Soul Revolver, Magnoli and others). The key, I think, is sourcing a ‘sherpa’-type shearling. I found one sold as “camel” in color on AliExpress. (I believe it’s this same -or very similar- cheap faux shearling that costume designer April Renee was boasting about what a bargain she got: 2 dollars/yard).

Also important is weathering the shearling. I've seen a few posts about dyeing the shearling, but I think the trick is getting the right base color (Camel) and, as someone mentioned in this thread, the production team used used black shoe polish. I used this method, applying somewhat diluted black shoe polish with a thin brush. Quite painstaking and time-consuming, but worth it. I will probably keep adding more as time goes by to weather it even more.

View attachment 1355682View attachment 1355684

I had a tailor replace the incorrect WSL fur for this more accurate shearling.

4. Magnets: As with the movie coat, I had a tailor add magnets down the side of the coat for when it needs closes all the way, double breasted.

5. Pockets: WSL makes tiny exterior side pockets so I had the tailor enlarge them.

Anyway, on to the the potos. **I apologize in advance for the lighting and the quality! As you can see, sometimes it can look very dark, matte in texture, in others shots you can really see the wax sheen coming through.**

I can post the collar measurements in a different thread in case anyone is interested.

Cheers!

View attachment 1355686
View attachment 1355687
View attachment 1355688
View attachment 1355689

View attachment 1355690
View attachment 1355691
View attachment 1355692
As can be seen here, the closed collar has that SA, wide, funnel shaped appearance that's not too snug.

View attachment 1355693
View attachment 1355694
View attachment 1355695
Hi, love your revised collar. I've just purchased a SoulRevolver jacket and would love to see the dimensions and a link to the correct shearling to purchase if possible. Really considering getting this switched. by a tailor to make more screen accurate. Thanks so much for the pics

HI all, I'm a newbie to the forum. Very interested in buying an agent K coat, and trying to decide on either a Magnoli or Soul Revolver. The customising/tailoring options attract me to Magnoli, but the material and overall look of the SR are pulling me in that direction, from the photos I've seen. In particular, the shoulder/elbow patches have a more industrial/thick look on the SR along with the more accurate material. I'd love someone to post any photos they have of the SR, particular when worn. I sent the SR guys an email but haven't heard back from them yet. Trying to decide who to go for....

HI all, I'm a newbie to the forum. Very interested in buying an agent K coat, and trying to decide on either a Magnoli or Soul Revolver. The customising/tailoring options attract me to Magnoli, but the material and overall look of the SR are pulling me in that direction, from the photos I've seen. In particular, the shoulder/elbow patches have a more industrial/thick look on the SR along with the more accurate material. I'd love someone to post any photos they have of the SR, particular when worn. I sent the SR guys an email but haven't heard back from them yet. Trying to decide who to go for....
My view: Magnoli is not screen accurate, full stop. Soul Revolver is a better option but their shearling is still is way off. Another more reasonably-priced option is WSL with the screen accurate custom collar specs I specify (see my previous posts) with the addition of Ali Express-sourced sherpa shearling. You could also do the same shearling replacement with SR. Happy hunting!

My view: Magnoli is not screen accurate, full stop. Soul Revolver is a better option but their shearling is still is way off. Another more reasonably-priced option is WSL with the screen accurate custom collar specs I specify (see my previous posts) with the addition of Ali Express-sourced sherpa shearling. You could also do the same shearling replacement with SR. Happy hunting!
Thanks. I’m working my way through this post and that seems like a good summary. I’ll see if SR gets back to me but might have a think about WSL as you suggest.

I bought the Soul Revolver version just before Christmas and would agree that the Shearling they use is a pretty poor replacement, it doesn't look any where near as accurate as the WSL version. I've spent the last month searching the net for a replacement shearling but have had absolutely no luck at all as they are all sold out or not the correct colour.

I wear my Soul Revolver jacket almost daily here in the east coast. It's a heavy, extremely well mad jacket I trust to keep me warm and take a beating. I compare it to a high end Belstaff jacket in terms of stitching, material and fit. I didn't want to spend that much on this but glad i did. IMO this is the jacet you want if you're looking for a 2049 coat. Size is true to size.

I bought the Soul Revolver version just before Christmas and would agree that the Shearling they use is a pretty poor replacement, it doesn't look any where near as accurate as the WSL version. I've spent the last month searching the net for a replacement shearling but have had absolutely no luck at all as they are all sold out or not the correct colour.
I’m interested...are you otherwise happy with the SR jacket? Of all of the green cotton versions I’ve seen, it looks the most “sturdy” (for want of a better word). I like the looks of the “patches” and the fabric of the jacket looks great. What are your thoughts on those aspects? Thanks.

I’m interested...are you otherwise happy with the SR jacket? Of all of the green cotton versions I’ve seen, it looks the most “sturdy” (for want of a better word). I like the looks of the “patches” and the fabric of the jacket looks great. What are your thoughts on those aspects? Thanks.
The SR jacket is serious, really well designed, it really does look great, it's just the shearling that an issue in my opinion, particularly if you want to achieve 'screen accuracy'. To be honest I was so impressed with the quality that I also purchased the SR 2049 shorter version last week, so should receive that in about 14 days.

Thanks for the opinions on the Soul Revolver. I'm definitely looking for a good quality coat "in the style of" rather than 100% screen accurate. I might even ask if the SR team can do me one without the graphics on the back. Your comments make me think I'm gonna go for the SR coat, maybe replace the shearling at some point. Thanks.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back