RUMOR: Black Series role play item up for preorder next week

I don’t have any pictures but I am quite dissatisfied with the death watch mandalorian helmet. I bought 4 thinking of sanding them down to black and repaint, but to my surprise they blue plastic as the base. I had some extra white prototype bobas left for this purpose and since DW ones weren’t black plastic, I returned them. I’m down for some nightowl mandalorian helmets or jango or scout trooper, and while they are repainting, why not do a sand trooper.

I might have to snag one of these DW helmets.. been considering converting one into Jango.

Edit: I did it.. almost 2 weeks later.
Removing the molded in detail from the ESB Boba was a PITA but worth it.

Attachments

• 20211214_012907.jpg
    20211214_012907.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 73
  • 20211214_013014.jpg
    20211214_013014.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 69
  • 20211214_013018.jpg
    20211214_013018.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 66
  • 20211214_013030.jpg
    20211214_013030.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
  • 20211214_013044.jpg
    20211214_013044.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 57
  • 20211214_013056.jpg
    20211214_013056.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
  • 20211214_013110.jpg
    20211214_013110.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 53
  • 20211214_013130.jpg
    20211214_013130.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 65
  • 20211214_013607.jpg
    20211214_013607.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Star Wars The Black Series Bo-Katan Kryze Premium Electronic Helmet
MSRP: $124.99
Pre-order here! Link will go live tomorrow at 1pm ET.
Featuring highly detailed deco, series-inspired design, adjustable fit, interior padding, and electronic lights, this full-scale Bo-Katan Kryze helmet is an iconic addition to any Star Wars fan’s collection

D2197A3C-A6B5-42A7-8DC5-1D8238C94B0A.jpeg

So happy they are finally brave enough to do a female character helmet. Hopefully when Sabine Wren makes her appearance on Ahsoka, we can get her helmet too.

Last edited:
I’ll be looking on Amazon to see if they list it tomorrow. I would rather deal with a Prime item. No shipping costs, easy to cancel if I need to and easy return at nearby Kohl’s drop off location.
jumping through hoops right now to return my dark saber... some of the questions are just insulting.. "how old was the person you bought this for" are you kidding me?

Not an expert on her helmet in any means, but looks really good.
I'd love to see them do Jango Fett. That would also the be the perfect base for any custom mando helmets (as d_jedi1 mention, he had to fill the molded damage of the Deathwatch/Boba one).
Have they done any prequel era stuff? I can't think of one, just the OT, ST, and D+ shows.

Not an expert on her helmet in any means, but looks really good.
I'd love to see them do Jango Fett. That would also the be the perfect base for any custom mando helmets (as d_jedi1 mention, he had to fill the molded damage of the Deathwatch/Boba one).
Have they done any prequel era stuff? I can't think of one, just the OT, ST, and D+ shows.
I think it's interesting they never have touched the clone trooper or Jango. Since it's all part of the progression of both troopers and mando's.

Do you think engineering the neck opening to fit real heads has held it back? Master replicas did one though so maybe not...

I think the reason you have not seen it is because the releases for the most part have centered on current release material. At first, the movies and now the streaming shows. And you basically had one helmet released a year.
IMHO, you may not see anything Clone related unless they want to do something Bad Batch related. You never know what they might do but I still think you might see a scout trooper or TIE fighter helmet before you see a clone trooper helmet.

Do you think engineering the neck opening to fit real heads has held it back? Master replicas did one though so maybe not...
I remember seeing helmets in the past with plates that came off with magnets

But it seems a lot of 3d print guys have solve this problem, maybe they have a bigger opening at the bottom?

Idk..

I remember seeing helmets in the past with plates that came off with magnets

But it seems a lot of 3d print guys have solve this problem, maybe they have a bigger opening at the bottom?

Idk..
The Vader has a pretty slick magnet system for making the reveal. I just found out what haslabs is and I kinda wish they’d take advantage and get some projects out that don’t line up with current releases, they also haven’t done any “role play” projects. I’m most interested in clone phase 1 and 2 and Rex, and why not throw in some Ahsoka repaints in for good measure. These kinds of things would start to wash out bad taste of previous flops like rancor and such.

I think the reason you have not seen it is because the releases for the most part have centered on current release material. At first, the movies and now the streaming shows. And you basically had one helmet released a year.
IMHO, you may not see anything Clone related unless they want to do something Bad Batch related. You never know what they might do but I still think you might see a scout trooper or TIE fighter helmet before you see a clone trooper helmet.
A TIE Pilot helmet would probably be as inaccurate as the Vader. Both real helmets are way larger than is normally produced in the BS line. Vader was altered to make it smaller. I would think the same would be done for a TIE Pilot.

I expect helmets from the upcoming Disney+ series.

A TIE Pilot helmet would probably be as inaccurate as the Vader. Both real helmets are way larger than is normally produced in the BS line. Vader was altered to make it smaller. I would think the same would be done for a TIE Pilot.

I expect helmets from the upcoming Disney+ series.

I finally saw the Vader in person recently and I thought it looked so much better than in looked in photos. Unless someone from Hasbro has spoken out on the matter, we really don’t know why they made the dome choices they did Or if such past choices carry over to future projects. I don’t think we can predict Hasbro’s boundaries so we must keep an open mind.

However, if I had my way, I would make the TIE helmet a HASLAB project with interactive chest armor with things like optional decals and display stand as tier incentives.

I’ll be looking on Amazon to see if they list it tomorrow. I would rather deal with a Prime item. No shipping costs, easy to cancel if I need to and easy return at nearby Kohl’s drop off location.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back