Rubies Vader/Padme/Luke/Leia (Tantive IV pic)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by avaron, Dec 31, 2005.

1. avaron

avaron New Member

Hiya,

I've been a lurker on this forum since the Rubies Supreme Vader costume was released. I want to say thanks to the many that contribute to this forum that helped me make my decision and also those that posted DIY's for the little tweaks and mods to it. I finally got registered and wanted to post a pic of me and my family from Halloween.

I'm only 5'9 so I'm sporting some platform boots to make up for the height. My wife is Padme, son is Luke (unfortunately no Luke specific costume was available so we just used the normal "Jedi" version), and my daugther is Leia. As you can see from my son's impromtu facial expression, he's probably in line to be a Sith next year. :p

My Supreme Rubies Vader costume was tailored for my height (took in the arms, legs and shortened the cape). My boots have 3 inch heels. For the mask I installed a fan, custom padding, voice breather, foam neck brace (just some craft foam and velcro to cover the neck), and new lenses.

For next year I'll be working on figuring out a good voice changer. I'm looking for suggestions for any good ones.

I also want to say thanks to JD at thesabervault.com. for the FX sabers. Unfortunately my son isn't holding his in this picture but Jeff went out of his way to replace a Luke ROTJ FX I got from him that arrived broken a week before Halloween so my son could have it Halloween night.

Appreciate any comments. I'm mainly on the rebelscum.com forums so so can hit me up there too.

Avaron

[image]http://home.comcast.net/~kevkm3/Avaronrebelscum.jpg[/image]

[image]http://home.comcast.net/~kevkm3/Avaronrebelscum2.jpg[/image]

2. SithLord

SithLord Sr Member

What a terrific family photo...thanks for sharing. You're very lucky to have the entire family into SW...

:cheers,

Thomas

3. phase pistol

phase pistol Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

That's great. Welcome aboard. :D

- k

4. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Sr Member

Welcome avaron :)

5. Darth Kahnt

Darth Kahnt Sr Member

Welcome to the RPF. Very nice photo.

6. kell

kell Well-Known Member

Great photo.... Great family... its so cool when you have a wife that "plays" along, and you know the kids love all the props... Welcome.

Kell

7. blufive

blufive Sr Member

Great photo.

:)

8. Hand-Schaub

Hand-Schaub Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Cool. Your son's expression is great.

9. temponaut

temponaut Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Great family picture. Thanks for sharing it with us.

It does look from your son's expression as if he's ready to follow in his father's footsteps to the Dark Side. But you never know. Maybe he'll end up saving you. :)

By the way, where was your photo taken? Love the setting.

10. GuntahKela

GuntahKela Sr Member

Awesome pic. Yeah, was this taken at a set, or was it Photoshoped?

11. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

Welcome aboard..... Thats an awesome pic... Your son looks like he's ready to rip that * ship apart... Classic :)

12. avaron

avaron New Member

Thanks for the replies. My son likes Star Wars just as much as me. Wife like Star Wars too but wouldn't probably dress up if not asked. Daugther is still too young to make the decision herself so I figured I'd start her early. :p

My cousin in law is a master at Photoshop. The picture was actually taken in our well lit garage. He cut us out and placed us on the Tantive IV background which I found by searching for wallpapers on the web. I also have another one he did which I'll need to find and try to post it up too.

13. stormtrooperguy

stormtrooperguy Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

i love the sith-in-training expression on "luke" :-D

14. Darth Domain

Darth Domain Well-Known Member

You all look great, nice to see everyone happy, all the best for the new year :thumbsup

15. Darth Mawr

Darth Mawr Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Fabulous photo. I too love your son's expression. Welcome.

16. MacFarc

MacFarc New Member

Thats a great picture :)

17. Trooper TK409

Trooper TK409 Well-Known Member

Looks fantastic. Where did you get the nice big clean background photo?

18. darth_manu

darth_manu Well-Known Member

vader needs to bulk.
    hehe just buggin ya.
    nice pics

19. avaron

avaron New Member

Haha yeah. I'm doing what I can at 5'9'' and 150 lbs. I was thinkin about wearing one of those muscle suits under it but the gear is already hot enough as it is. :lol

I just posted above another Photoshop pic that we used for our Christmas cards. Its a bit closer up so it hides my height better. For the purists though, it's not right because its a clone wars background. Eh, its all in fun anyway.

20. Trooper TK409

Trooper TK409 Well-Known Member

5'9", 150lbs? You'd make a great protocol droid. :D

21. temponaut

temponaut Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Wow, that's Photoshop? The reflection of your cape and legs on the floor really sells it. The only thing to add might be the reflection of the beam from your saber.

Outstanding. :eek

22. avaron

avaron New Member

Guess the bench presses that Vader does aren't working well enough huh? :lol

23. Star Wars Man

Star Wars Man Well-Known Member

yo man that is some sick pics, but dude, u got to get a better lightsaber effect going there...email or pm me, i got a killer effect

and dont mean to be rude, but, your child's saber, should be by definition blue, i mean it is a free country yes, but anakin episode 2 is a blue saber...member, i am a perfectionist

24. James Kenobi 1138

James Kenobi 1138 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey, welcome aboard and thanks so much sharing that pic. It is really great when the whole family shares in the same passion. Your wife looks like she makes a great Padme and your sons expression is perfect.

If you still have the web page for that good-sized background wallpaper photo in your PC history, maybe you could post a link for the rest of us?

My kids love SW also, and I have some pics of them in my photobook. Click my signature to check them out if you want.

25. avaron

avaron New Member

Cool photos. I don't have the webpage with the wallpaper unfortunately. However, if you send me a an email or pm with your email address forward it to you. ;)

26. JDFett

JDFett Active Member

very cool...my son and my two youngest daughter are into the star wars thing...my wife simply thinks im nuts so count your blessings

27. RebelGhirl

RebelGhirl New Member

Very cool photos. Clever way to make 'buns' for Leia too for a kid. :)

28. avaron

avaron New Member

I consider myself very lucky. My wife puts up with all my crap. If she didn't, I'd Force Choke her. :lol

29. vaderdarth

vaderdarth Master Member

Nice lookin family ya got there...

Dave :)