Rubies Surpreme Vader Costume

I'm thinking about doing mine with the straps outside, like all of the Vaders except ROTS. I like the outside strap look better anyway, so it'd work for mine. But you're right, velcro or snaps with them inside would have to be attached to the body suit, which might be a problem to do.

I have always had a theory that the straps were never supposed to be seen. Like it is in ROTS. I always felt that it was just the limits of the costuming at the time. HENCE the reason why the straps are hidden in ROTS.
And on a side note i was messing around with the shoulder armor tonight, and i decided to play with the strap on the back of the chest armor. i tightened it up A LOT and it sits better on my shoulders and does not pull up against my neck when the cape is on. Might be worth messing around with.

Yeah, I think you're right about the costume changes in ROTS reflecting what Lucas wanted Vader to be like, and now having the ability to make it work. The straps were never really noticeable except in still pictures, and mostly covered with the armor and the robe. I wonder if there would be a way to make some sort of new attachment to make the chest box attach to the body suit without all the straps to deal with......

Ok, I'm thinking about it too much. :lol

The only thing i could think of is a mini strap system. That just runs fromt he top and bottom of the box and holds it in place ont he costume. So the straps are jut around the chest box area and not around you. Could work.

Even the really strong velcro sewn on behind the chest box would probably work. The only problem might be when leaning over, if the center of the armor caught the top, it might push it loose.

Im not a big velcro fan lol It works but i only see it as a temporary solution.i was thinking of some how re-enforcing the section of the jumpsuit where the chest box sits. like thick cardboard cut to size, that way it has something more solid to attach itself to.

Beta, what exactly are you using for the inner mouth grills? i want the silver it hink it looks cool buti do not know what to get some have suggested car filters but i dont know what brand is the best any suggestions?

Originally posted by Darth Chetta@Sep 19 2005, 05:33 PM
Beta, what exactly are you using for the inner mouth grills? i want the silver it hink it looks cool buti do not know what to get some have suggested car filters but i dont know what brand is the best any suggestions?
[snapback]1079753[/snapback]​

You seek kurtyboy here on the board. He supplied me with fantastic grills, with the large front and the smaller rear one.

I got both from him. The larger grill for the front, and the mini mesh grill that goes behind it. It's basically a tiny version of the large grill. And as someone said on the board, it reflects the light well so your face can't be seen behind it.

Bought a mannequin to store the supreme costume. He is 7 foot tall in costume. He is a little thin and i will be bulking him up a bit later, this was just a test fitting ENJOY... (thanks WC.......)
lifesizevader.jpg

Mine just arrived, the box says "Super Deluxe" and not "Supreme." Is there a difference? I have not opened it up yet in case it is a mistake and I need to return it.

I am very interested to see everybodies photo results on how my replacement lenses appear on the various attempts to customise this helmet

Lenseman
[attachmentid=6280]

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back