Make Rubies supreme Vader helmet to ANH version?

So... why not mold the EFX? And before anyone screams "recasting"... If it is strictly for you then there is nothing wrong with that. I considered doing it with my EFX helmet so I can make my own fiberglass version. That is the one thing I don't love about the EFX is that it is ABS plastic. The face doesn't bother me, it's the hood. I can't stand looking at the interior and knowing it is cheap plastic. It's too bad they couldn't have replicated the look of fiberglass on the inside. Or at least have SOME texture. I mean I could always plastidip it and see what I think.
there is always the route of laying glass in the dome itself, I know some who have done it before with nice results, But I get what you mean about the dome, in my opinion it sits a bit weird on the faceplate.

So... why not mold the EFX? And before anyone screams "recasting"... If it is strictly for you then there is nothing wrong with that. I considered doing it with my EFX helmet so I can make my own fiberglass version. That is the one thing I don't love about the EFX is that it is ABS plastic. The face doesn't bother me, it's the hood. I can't stand looking at the interior and knowing it is cheap plastic. It's too bad they couldn't have replicated the look of fiberglass on the inside. Or at least have SOME texture. I mean I could always plastidip it and see what I think.
OMG! You used the "R-word" !! :D
Jokes aside, I see your point! Maybe someday.. But atm that sort of work is a bit beyond my skills either way. Another reason for redoing the rubies I think. A smaller kind of project.

And I kind of agree with you about the interior..
Like when you take it apart and feel the light weight of the dome.
But I think the exterior and the face as you mentioned still makes it a pretty awesome helmet, allthough far from perfect.

And thx all you fellow members for all the points of view! Clearly, a lot of new info for me to dissect. Much appreciated!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back